Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen anything about the city/highway fuel mileage of the Street models.
I have searched, but came up with nothing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I mean 50s to 60s is a pretty broad range.

Have they used this engine in any other bikes before? If they haven't it makes it pretty hard to make a real guess about the fuel economy. I think we will need more info on the HD Street before we can give a more educated guess.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean 50s to 60s is a pretty broad range.

Have they used this engine in any other bikes before? If they haven't it makes it pretty hard to make a real guess about the fuel economy. I think we will need more info on the HD Street before we can give a more educated guess.
I think the VRod is engine is as close as it gets, but at 1130ccs I believe. The fuel mileage reports for VRods are not that good, at least compared to the 1200 Sportster.
That is why I was really curious. The last liquid cooled v-twin Honda I had, only got low 40s average. My XL1200 gets upper 40s to 50mpg sporting bags and shield. XL883s are reported to get upper 50s to 70 mpg+.
It will be interesting to see the info for the Street models.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Just a rough guess but for the Street 500 I would think anywhere from around 50-60 mpg and the 750 would be around 40 mpg. I just wish Harley would just release the mpgs at the very least.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mpgs usually get released after the bike is launched right? I don't think they are behind or anything. Once India gets the Street 750 we should be able to get some more info. MPG isn't the most important factor for me. As long as it doesn't suck, I'll be happy. And if it is better than we expect I will be extra happy.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Usually that is when MPG's get released or even before, just whenever the official specs get sent out.

But for now we can always guesstimate what they will be, we can come close within a few Mpg'S

·
Registered
4 Posts
d'ya have a 500/750? What's your mpg? What are you really getting?

Do you own one? What gas mileage are you really getting? what's your mpg?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Do you own one? What gas mileage are you really getting? what's your mpg?

The best documented fuel mileage I managed on my Street 750 was almost 55 mpg based upon 150 miles of riding on predominately 50 mph backroad highway where I used 2.75 gal. It was not based upon my "fuel conservation" mode where I could have managed perhaps one or two more miles per gallon. It was just general riding on the "highway" over a long distance.

Of note another run I went 160 miles before the low fuel light came on and it took almost exactly three gallons (3.05 gal) to fill the tank so I was slightly less at 52.46 mpg on that run. I'd done more city riding although most of the riding was still highway riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
StoneFree & Harlow', how aggressive do you ride?

Harlow', do you have a 500 or 750?

Lastly, about how much do you weigh and with what/any gear/stuff/luggage?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts

I'm typically a pretty mellow rider and certainly was when I tracked my fuel consumption. I weigh in at about 200 lbs and didn't pack any gear/stuff/luggage on these fuel consumption rides.

·
Registered
44 Posts
At this point (~2.1K miles collectively ridden) I average around 45mpg with a combination of street and city-highway use. Personally I am very satisfied with this given that I live in the close epicenter of my city, where we have a sprawling tourist industry! The absolute worst MPG I have ever gotten is 37mpg, and during the week leading up to my refill we had some major conventions in town for a couple days and the ensuing high volume of traffic which was simply unavoidable.

I have not had a chance to burn a good few gallons out on the open highway but would very much like to soon!

I should also mention that this is all after the fact that my 750 has the SE muffler, corresponding air filter, and "download." Which I personally feel may have actually lowered my average by possibly a few MPG at least. I certainly do not regret getting the muffler though because I literally went from nearly getting sideswiped by drivers in adjacent lanes every other day with my stalk muffler (about a dozen occurences, no joke, it was ridiculous..the muffler was the FIRST upgrade I purchased) to never having an such an occurrence again for almost two whole months now! :D

·
Registered
80 Posts

750 Vance Hines w/ K&N filter & HD stage one tune (Don't know if this actually had any affect).

I weight 270/6'5". Most mileage put on highway 75-85mph. Chevron 93.

I just rode a new stock 750 , duh. Spend the money get the upgrade... With Pentosin Super DOT 4 brake fluid (hardened), galfer braided stainless steel brake lines.

Looking for progressive wound fork springs.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
whats it typically costing to fill the tank?

That depends on how much the oil companies are screwing us at the time. During the summer months when gasoline was at about $4/gal it cost me abut $12 to fill up when I needed 3 gallons of gas but now gas prices are down to about $3.30/gal so it would only cost about $10 for the same fill-up. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
At this point (~2.1K miles collectively ridden) I average around 45mpg with a combination of street and city-highway use.

City riding always burns a lot of gas because you're rarely if ever in high gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this bike a rocket? I am amazed to see a 500 or 750 getting this mpg. I'd imagine better.

Does anyone know if there are +/- 1 tooth front and rear sprockets for this bike yet?

·
Registered
283 Posts
For the record, I am getting about 20 kilometres to a litre in the city. Have not yet done any long rides so no information.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts