Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Do you own one? What gas mileage are you really getting? what's your mpg?

The best documented fuel mileage I managed on my Street 750 was almost 55 mpg based upon 150 miles of riding on predominately 50 mph backroad highway where I used 2.75 gal. It was not based upon my "fuel conservation" mode where I could have managed perhaps one or two more miles per gallon. It was just general riding on the "highway" over a long distance.

Of note another run I went 160 miles before the low fuel light came on and it took almost exactly three gallons (3.05 gal) to fill the tank so I was slightly less at 52.46 mpg on that run. I'd done more city riding although most of the riding was still highway riding.

· Premium Member
1,152 Posts
StoneFree & Harlow', how aggressive do you ride?

Harlow', do you have a 500 or 750?

Lastly, about how much do you weigh and with what/any gear/stuff/luggage?

I'm typically a pretty mellow rider and certainly was when I tracked my fuel consumption. I weigh in at about 200 lbs and didn't pack any gear/stuff/luggage on these fuel consumption rides.

· Premium Member
1,152 Posts
whats it typically costing to fill the tank?

That depends on how much the oil companies are screwing us at the time. During the summer months when gasoline was at about $4/gal it cost me abut $12 to fill up when I needed 3 gallons of gas but now gas prices are down to about $3.30/gal so it would only cost about $10 for the same fill-up. LOL

· Premium Member
1,152 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.