Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Street Platform- official Designation Letters ?

3833 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Livin On
Ok, I've been following the progress on the Street's intro as much as anybody, but does anyone know the Street's official call letters? In India they were calling the new "G-platform", but that is only part of the answer.

I tried searching several times, haven't seen anything official from Harley-Davidson yet. For those who may not understand fully:
Example- Sportster family - XL - XLH-1200, XLCR, XLS, etc.
Super Glide/big twin - FX
Touring (big twin) - FL
V-Rod family - VR
... And so forth, throughout Harley's history...

So the Street family must have a -G- in it, that is all we know. Please post your thoughts or evidence of anything official!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I have not found any writing mentioning what the platform designation is. Most articles just mention "all new platform" but don't mention what it is. I will keep this thread updated as I find more info.
Reactions: 1
I'll go with the one that jumps first, SG-500 SG-750.... or it could simply be G...
Officially coded as XG500, the new model is one of a pair that Harley have developed, with a 750cc version to be built on the same platform, but this larger capacity XG750 is unlikely to be imported, according to Harley-Davidson Australia.
You might be right revolutionx!

Nice google skills!
Yes, rev.-x, good find, I had tried also a few times; found someone on the XL forum had mentioned it with the X-Games. I don't know if the XG prefix was one of the reasons for the ice racers or not, but the marketing of the XG Street / XGames is very clever!
So, does that make this discussion board the G-spot?
ah XG makes sense, especially when you consider that the new Street 500/750 engines have been termed Revolution X in marketing speak...
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.