Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
A story in the news says that Harley is delaying 2017 model deliveries because dealers are overstocked with unsold 2016s, and said that Harley is even taking the (for them) unprecedented step of offering rebates direct to dealers to move the unsold inventory. These are "invisible" rebates; Harley doesn't discount its bikes so these are incentives to the dealers themselves.

I don't know if that accounts for any of the delay in Street Rods or not; I'd assume it's not related since the Street Rod is a new model (so there's no 2016 model that competes with it) but -- well, in connection with R-Rated's comment, it seemed like it might be at least tangentially related.

Speaking on a post-earnings conference call in January, Chief Financial Officer John Olin said Harley would focus on selling its 2016 motorcycles through the first quarter of this year.
As a result, he said, Harley would limit shipments of its 2017 models, including touring motorcycles with the new "Milwaukee-Eight" engine. The company has forecast it would ship fewer bikes in the quarter than in the year-earlier period.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Guess I am not going back to that dealer now. I saw a Facebook posting that he had one for a couple of days now. When I inquired, They took my info. Wouldn't even talk to me about How much my 15(With Accessories) is worth??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto, I have had mine for 11 Days and it already has 566 miles. Just added LEDs today and ordered my Firebrand slip on. Can't wait to get that baby in!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Does the Firebrand fit? The Street Rod exhaust is higher than a normal Street.

I saw one today at my "Chapel". Typical Harley Quality Control, Forgot to include a few pieces. Sat on it. Seats a little high for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ride it like you stole it! 1700 miles I got on mine... Love it!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Took a Street Rod out today. Definitely a Different bike.

Went to start it, Had to fumble with the Starter Button. Had to really press it in.

Seat Height? I am used to my 15. With the Mustang Fastback seat. Felt almost like I was sitting on the Roadster, I'm only 5' 4". I could touch the ground. But my leg was pressing against the exhaust shield.

Power? Felt peppier off the line. Didn't beat on it. Only had a few miles.

Exhaust? Sounded better than the Stock 15. I still prefer my Firebrand GP

Control Levers? I like the Street Rods better than mine.

Pedals? Going to take me some time to get used to them. I kept thinking they were more forward and lower like my 15.

Handling? Handled pretty good. Having New tires, I didn't lean into the turns.

My Biggest issue is, The Cropped tail section. My 15 has Saddle and Trunk bags. Luggage rack. And I do use them.

I left a $100 Deposit. Now I am thinking about just getting it back. Financial Constraints. Just started a FT job. At a County Landfill. Running an Agitator at a Compost Center. 6 month contract through Aerotek. I am going to make better money, Just left Home Depot who paid me decently. But gave few(20-30) Hours per week. So I have not been able to save any extra. The New payment would be $203 Month. Negative Equity from the 15. Current payment is $192. He was going to sell me the Denim model for $8500 + Setup Fees. Almost $500 off

Insurance? I'm told it wouldn't cost me any more to transfer to the 17 model. But the 15 should be going down in August. Rider Insurance P2 rating. 2 year old bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts