Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Remove, switch sides and re-install upside down. Should be as simple as that. There is a 4mm allen head bolt about 1.3" deep in the handlebars that set the expander.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer.

There is only one screw in each mirror? Not more small pieces ?

Because I'm not very good with that and I'm afraid to not be able to fix them back...

·
Registered
197 Posts
The allen bolt threads into the internal expander which consists of a few pieces but the assembly should stay together by just loosening the bolt and pulling the assembly out of the bar. Mind you, I have never done this myself on the SR but I have installed bar end mirrors on other scoots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The flat bars that came on my Street Rod have notches in them, allowing the mirrors to be installed one way, only. I learned this when I replaced the stock bars with stock bars from the Street I had previously. Instead of grinding notches in the bars, I bought new, "universal" mirrors, which I like better than the stock mirrors, anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that it has been 3 years since the last post in this thread, but I am reusing it anyway. I was going to change sides for the mirrors, I want them below the bars, but the right hand side mirror couldn´t come off. The allenkey couldn´t grip the screw (if you know that I mean), had no problem with the one on the left side. Anyone have any suggestions what I should do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anybody is trying to remove the factory bar end mirrors on a Street Rod, be advised that the Harley service manual says to loosen the bolt no more than a MAXIMUM of 3 turns. Any more than that and I suspect you will lose the expanding mechanism inside the handlebar somehow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts