Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Street Rod - Brake Control Adjustment

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  azproform 
#1 ·
I know everyone has complained about the way the rear brake has been placed on the XG750A :)

Has anyone seen workarounds or new parts to make it more comfortable?

I am over complaining as I have gotten used to the riding position butttttt, if there are any aftermarket parts or setups people have already completed I would be very interested to hear about them! Thanks, Street fam!!

#2 ·
Somewhere around here is a thread about putting a couple of extra bends in the brake pedal to make for a more comfortable setup. I don't remember any more details about it, though.

#6 ·
I think that Right Foot Peg placement is probably the thread I was thinking of. Mostly they discuss a couple of different adapters to lower the right peg, but that makes the peg low relative to the brake pedal. In the last post somebody mentions cutting some extra threads to get a little more adjustment to the brake pedal.

I had recalled, incorrectly perhaps, a thread that went into a little more blacksmithing of the actual brake pedal. I mean angle grinders, torches, locking the pedal in a vise and beating it with a hammer type of stuff.

Another thread that I didn't copy the link for suggested getting a longer peg from Kuryakin. This allowed for a more natural foot position and a better angle on the pedal.

Reactions: azproform
#7 ·
Found the thread I meant to post the first time, :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.