Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the exhaust that fit the street 750 work on the street rod. I am considering a Bassani but not sure it will fit.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I saw a Street Rod. The Muffler sits Higher than the other XG models. Reason why there is a pad on the exhaust for your boot.

Give it a few months. V&H should have a FP3 Map and Muffler available. The Street Rods are finally hitting the dealerships near me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm Running an M4-GP slip on, I had to custom bend the pipe so that I could get some more peg clearance (that pad is horrible for posture and control). I also increased the seat height to help with personal comfort.. All day machine now. Exhaust sounds really nice (loud). I go in for my 1000 mile service in 2 weeks(even though I'm at 1300 miles now :p ), I plan to discuss stage 1. I had to do some custom work but I could revert back to stock if need be... The muffler was a hundred bucks off ebay. This pipe works well with Japanese models and this motor runs very much like those so the pipe combo with the lump is stellar. It's American made too...

Link: http://www.motosport.com/m4-gp-series-slipon-exhaust

·
Vendor
39 Posts
We have not been able to get a bike to check it ourselves but it is great to have awesome customers who send in photos of their bike. We are excited by how great the Grand Prix looks on the Street Rod! I am sure the Loose cannon will look just as good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed bassani and this is the response i received. I do have two pictures I will post in a minute. Hey Chad, Our R&D put the mufflers we have for the Street 500 and 750 on this new Street Rod Version Harley came out with. It fits but there is a gap on the heat shield(see pic attached) on our Short Mega Version 1527RB on this new model so for this part# he needs to make a longer heat shield. The other two part#'s 1587LRB and 1587RB utilize the stock heat shield so they fit with no changes needed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a copy of the email. My muffler came in last night I plan to put it on in a bit. I didn't want the megaphone muffler any way.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts