Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Street Rod High / Tall Seat Options

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  CISA2016 
#1 ·
G'Day to all,

Greetings from New Zealand. I love my Street Rod but I am not very comfortable riding it over a long period. I have to increase the seat height to gain more leg space and a more
relaxed knee down riding position. As far I know there is no HD tall seat option and I could not find any other aftermarket seat options except of Tuffside seats but they are out of my price range. I am thinking about to use a local upholsterer and change the foam etc. to rebuilt the seat height. Has anyone changed their rider seat already and could you give any advice or post some photos. Looking for ideas and trying to find out what would be the best style, height etc. Thank you.

#3 ·
I had my seat on my street rod re-foamed with memory foam. I didn't increase the seat height as I kept the stock cover but the guy shaved out areas I had pressure points and added memory foam, made a world of difference. I'm 6' tall for reference.

#8 ·
I would think that an upholstery shop should be able to strip the existing seat, build up the base an inch or so by adding cardboard or plastic strips, and then put padding and a cover over that. That would raise the rider up a bit, but it might be nice to move the rider back a bit as well, like the Tall Boy seat for the XG750 does. The upholsterer may have some ideas on how to do that.

#9 ·
G'Day to all,

Greetings from New Zealand. I love my Street Rod but I am not very comfortable riding it over a long period. I have to increase the seat height to gain more leg space and a more
relaxed knee down riding position. As far I know there is no HD tall seat option and I could not find any other aftermarket seat options except of Tuffside seats but they are out of my price range. I am thinking about to use a local upholsterer and change the foam etc. to rebuilt the seat height. Has anyone changed their rider seat already and could you give any advice or post some photos. Looking for ideas and trying to find out what would be the best style, height etc. Thank you.
I saved money for about 11 months and bought the Corbin Gunfighter and lady…customised the seat for additional 1 inch height for rider and pillion + 3/4 inch forward for rider . Installed Rox 2inch pivoting risers . The Corbin seat is worth every dollar. I love this bike more. The rides are now just so much better than stock… The HarleyStreet rod 750 is a gem of bike at a bargain price . If you are planning to keep the bike longer it is worth the investment. I had also thought about local shop treatment but then seat panel is critical component that was only possible with Corbin seat.

#10 ·
An update on seat. I took few long rides and have realised that the modes/ alterations I had requested changes lines of the seat and appears more like a saddlemen step up seat. This has reduced the function of the seat and hence the longer rides are not comfortable. I’m planning to alter the seat back to Corbin specs. The Corbin original spec is more like a bucket seat and not flat top( the way I had requested).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.