Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone on the forum. Introducing myself today as the latest Street Rod rider to come on board. Mine is a brand new 2017 that has a bit of unfortunate history with it. My Dad bought it new in September 2017 from our local HD dealer. Vivid Black and looking every part the wicked little Stealth fighter it was designed to be. He only rode it a couple of times in September before he suddenly died. He never got to enjoy his bike any more than about 100 kilometers. He left his motorcycles and his cars to me in his will so I ended up with his Street Rod. It took a couple of years for me to come to terms with his death and I didn't feel right about riding his new bike. I've finally decided Dad would be upset to know his vehicles weren't being used like they should be, so I have started to drive his cars and ride the bikes again. The Street Rod is a great bike. It's so much different than other bikes I own and surprises me every time by how quick it is and how well it corners. I think Harley Davidson did a great job designing and building this new Street series of motorcycles. I understand why my Dad loved this bike so much now. I intend to keep it exactly as he last rode it and never change or modify it in any way.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome. Sometimes it is only by accident that you find out something that you would not even thought about or tried.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
120 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. I have a 1965 Mustang that I inherited when my Mom passed so I can relate to the memories attached. I still have it and it's willed to my youngest son. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
401 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Don't get too tied up in the never changing it in any way. You may need to change some things like the seat, bars and pegs so that you can ride this little legacy comfortably and safely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum!

Don't get too tied up in the never changing it in any way. You may need to change some things like the seat, bars and pegs so that you can ride this little legacy comfortably and safely.
Funny thing is that just the way the bike came from factory suits me fine. I honestly can't see myself wanting modifications. I really like the power it has in stock form and I really like the quiet exhaust system. It is fast, quiet, and stealth right off the showroom floor. I admire guys here who can reprogram their bikes and get more horsepower with a muffler and air filter change but mine already seems like it's a faster bike than I expected so I'm sure stock tuning is more than enough for me. Another bonus is getting 55 MPG! No complaints with handlebars, mirrors, foot pegs, or seating position either. I guess if I could have one thing different it would be the 2017 graphics on the tank and tail section. Mine is Vivid black and the graphics are a dark silver. I really wish they did the graphics in exactly the same design except use the same color orange as the shock springs so they really stood out from a distance. The sweeping design on the tank sides should have had a black & white checkered racing flag effect instead of just black & dark silver squares.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts