Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Street Rod:

Two issues:

1. Kickstand must be fully deployed using your foot, otherwise it pops back a little causing possible dropped bike.

2. Spurts water up your back due to vent holes in rear fender when raining and you get a real drenching.

3. VUZ tankbag works great.

Love the bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't bought one yet but thinking on it. Exhaust pipe burning calf may be a problem for me. I can't put my right foot down without touching the pipe. I can reach far to the right with my foot but it just ain't right. I am 6' but only 30" inseam. Big disappointment for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Issues with Street Rod

I agree with the kick stand needing to be engaged deliberately or else it might slip back. I think it is too short for the bike and needed to be improved.

Magazine reviews talk about the bad ergos/ riding triangle, needing to do yoga prior to riding the bike, etc. It is not bad at all, i would take it over a sportbike with all your weight on your shoulders and back.

The exhaust burn on your right leg, can be fixed by always using the right riding equipment (NO SHORTS while riding) or maybe an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You might try putting exhaust wrap on the pipes to lesson the burn on your leg I found 50' for around $15 dollars on Amazon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have exhaust wrap on my regular street 750 and it definitely has helped a lot with keeping the heat down. If you get black wrap and want it to stay black make sure you use a heat resistant spray paint on it. My black wrap has faded in a lot of spots to white. I personally like the fade marks but some might not

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put the exhaust pipe wrap on without removing the pipes from my street 750. Looks awesome! Below is the link to the video and my YouTube channel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts