Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received an e-mail from the HD dealership I stopped in last fall. While others may have known this, I didn't. The Street is going to be considered a 2015 model and they will start to arrive then with the rest of the 2015 Harleys in August. He said they will be getting one 500 and one 750 to start with and of course he wanted to know if I wanted to put $1000 down on one to be first inline.

I've decided to let others be the guinea pigs:D and wait to see the reviews then. No way I'd plunk down a grand sight unseen AND unridden. Most likely I will wait until next spring if I decide to buy.

·
Registered
244 Posts
There are already a multitude of reviews out. I'm sure if you read through them all you'd get a pretty good picture of what you can expect with the HD Street. Are you thinking that there are yet unknown things about the HD Street that we haven't figured out yet?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thanks for breaking the news. Not too far away now for us. I wouldn't put dwon anything either. I do need to take it for an actual test ride or demo day before I commit to that kind of investment.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are already a multitude of reviews out. I'm sure if you read through them all you'd get a pretty good picture of what you can expect with the HD Street. Are you thinking that there are yet unknown things about the HD Street that we haven't figured out yet?
I believe I've probably read, and viewed all the videos on the Street line. Still wouldn't shell out a grand without riding one first. I bought a CBX back in '79 that way. All the reviews were good so I bought one. While a nice bike, and now a classic I never was real happy with it. It was large/wide and top heavy. Did sound sweet though...:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bet is the first 500 and 750 they receive will be black. I'm holding out to see one in the mysterious red. I just replied to his e-mail asking if it was possible to have the fairing painted to match the tank and fenders.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealership said they would have red in the first lot and that they would not be getting denim black in for a while. That's why I switched my deposit to a different dealer so I could get the denim black lol

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
My local dealer expected the Street 500 and 750 to possibly arrive yesterday but received an email from the factory that there was a "supply chain" problem that will delay them for a few more days (probably a week because the Harley delivery truck comes to my dealer on Wed.). Unfortunately because the dealers didn't "order" the motorcycles (Harley's just shipping them) the dealer can't track the order like the could with other motorcycles to be delivered.

Yes, they are 2015's but Harley has just updated its website for financing and purchasing the Street 500/750 so they're here but just slowing being transported to the dealers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts