Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of stretching a street swingarm 2 inches, because i think the rear wheel sits too far forward in the fender. Now that I am getting close to getting the swing arm back from welding I have figured out that it might be impossible to get a belt that will work. When I started this, I figured I could order a belt from a belt manufacturer, a specific amount longer. It looks as though HD has their belts made to their specs, and does not allow the manufacturer to sell them. I have measured the belt specs and have not had any luck buying another belt. dont want to do a chain conversion. Any ideas? Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
104 Posts
Chain conversion seems like the only safe way if you can't order a belt that is the correct spec

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Before I would have even started this conversion I would have thought about the "belt" not fitting. IMHO it would have been easier to move the fender, if that's what you're initially concerned about.

And ................. if you ever needed to replace the belt in the future, you're going to have to have another one made to your specs. (Stupid idea, in my opinion, but obviously too late now.)

I'd start looking at converting it to a chain drive. Ever think you just voided the warranty too?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could also try to find another stock swingarm off of eBay that hasn't been trashed and just cut your losses

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm doing the same thing mate, I absolutely agree that the wheel is too far forward, I also chopping the frame and installing a shorter fender. I don't sure that there is a mob out there that make custom belts. Please let me know how you go, I'm not up to that point yet but if you find somewhere please shoot me a message so I can get one myself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Man I want pictures. Chain conversion maybe you best route . It won't be cheap or easy but will work. There maybe a belt out there. Keep looking. I really enjoy seeing people step out of the box and go for something a bit out of the main stream. keep up the good work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts