Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Botty, a great question. Though they are a cheap part, I always like to find out what is the generic part that would work.

A bit of digging revealed that the drain plug o-ring is probably a "12.5 X 1.8 V75".

1.8 mm is a bit unusual cross section size for o-rings; a 1.9 mm will probably work. It's likely Viton with 75 durometer hardness.

A hardware supplier like McMaster has these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/9263k643

I'm sorry that isn't much help for UK but the generic o-ring is available somewhere over there. Good luck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - will try to locate some that size.

They don't seem available here in the UK. I could buy them from the US in packs of 50 for about £9 but postage on top of that is around £11 so I would be paying £20 for things that are worth pennies! :(

Perhaps I should buy a pack then set up a business selling them individually for £1, hey perhaps I could call myself Harley Davidson 2! ;)

Take care

·
Registered
451 Posts
Oil /lube service is 5,000 miles .That exceeds what most ride in a year. But even if you rode 15,000 miles a year that would be 3 cheap simple O rings. What do they cost over there that seems to be a lot of worrying over a couple O rings?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's not worrying - it's living too far away from a HD dealer and trying to buy them on-line without having to spend £1 on an o-ring and £6 on postage (which is what HD want to charge for posting one!)

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's not worrying - it's living too far away from a HD dealer and trying to buy them on-line without having to spend £1 on an o-ring and £6 on postage (which is what HD want to charge for posting one!)

Thanks anyway.

If I am not breaking any laws I will mail you some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts