Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm Jen in Jacksonville, FL. I've been a passenger for over 3 years to my BF. We have owned a Road King, a Heritage and currently have a 2011 Street Glide. After 3 years and then my 40th birthday, I took the motorcycle class. I started with a 2006 Sporty 1200C. After changing the levers to reduce reach and changing the seat to get me closer to the ground, I still had trouble holding up the beast. I'm barely 5'2" with a 28" inseam. After looking into changing out the forward controls, I went and looked at the Street 750. Immediately it was easier to hold and the levers were like a hot knife through butter. I didn't have to muscle the controls. I was able to scoot that 750 around the parking lot without even a thought. I traded my Sporty for it. :( I know. I really loved that Sporty, but my bf said it's not doing any good sitting in the garage.

I haven't had a chance to really get a feel for the 750, but I have already rode it more than the Sporty. It is so much easier to get on and go. It also doesn't feel like I'm on a bull, ready for the ride of my life. I like that. I love HD motorcycles and look forward to getting my touring bike in the next few years. For now, I have my 750 and I look forward to putting many miles on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also put the reduce reach seat on instead of the stock seat and added highway bars. The seat put my feet firmly on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts