Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to adapt a universal Super Trap muffler so I can adjust the sound & the torque curve . This muffler filled the bill , it was a real pain to make it fit but well worth the effort ! The sound with its standard 12 discs sounds great . With ear plugs at 70 mph you don't hear the exhaust yet it is very loud when you crack it in the garage . I had to open the inlet up a little to go over the cat . I took a mount off & old street muffler & welded to the supper trap . I also removed the finish off the new pipe & painted it with black high temp header paint that had to be baked to cure . I have done only one 30 mile ride & it seams only a little lean . I will get the HD SE tunner & fix that .

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wouldn't have thought the SE tuner will make the a/f mix any richer as it will be EPA compliant. Maybe you'd be better off with a FP3, depending on your views on your warranty?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The Cat is located where the two pipes come together. Before the Muffler. If you change the A/F mixture too much, Could damage it.

21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't have thought the SE tuner will make the a/f mix any richer as it will be EPA compliant. Maybe you'd be better off with a FP3, depending on your views on your warranty?
A little story about the Pro Street tuner , on my old street before trading I put the stock muffler back on & found that you can not go back to a stock map . I tried to test ride with the map I had been running with in a mile it fouled a plug run on one cylinder & turned the Cat. red hot !! I would say it will rich en the mix plenty .

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
A little story about the Pro Street tuner , on my old street before trading I put the stock muffler back on & found that you can not go back to a stock map . I tried to test ride with the map I had been running with in a mile it fouled a plug run on one cylinder & turned the Cat. red hot !! I would say it will rich en the mix plenty .

Your Cat was most likely damaged by the Misfire condition. Only on 1 cylinder? O2 Sensor working correctly?

·
Registered
451 Posts
The HD version of the Super trap is a great pipe. I have had the Night Sticks and the Fatshotz's version on a couple bikes. Generally not loud and that have a different sound. Adding disk makes it flow freer removing them restricts. So you have adjust HP and torque to your liking. back fire will not like destroy a CAT. Removing the CAT will have little to NO real world effect on ATF another old myth.
Simple Power vision tuner will make sorting it all out easier and give you tools you can use everyday when you ride. Removing a CAT on the Street is really easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The HD version of the Super trap is a great pipe. I have had the Night Sticks and the Fatshotz's version on a couple bikes. Generally not loud and that have a different sound. Adding disk makes it flow freer removing them restricts. So you have adjust HP and torque to your liking. back fire will not like destroy a CAT. Removing the CAT will have little to NO real world effect on ATF another old myth.
Simple Power vision tuner will make sorting it all out easier and give you tools you can use everyday when you ride. Removing a CAT on the Street is really easy.
Hi smittey902.
How do you remove the cat in the streetrod downpipe ?
Thanks for any help.

Rowle uk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi smittey902.
How do you remove the cat in the streetrod downpipe ?
Thanks for any help.

Rowle uk

The Cat in the Street Rod I think is in the same place as the Street version just in front of where the Muffler clams on. Take muffler off look in side you will see it. Drill it out scrape out the rest vacuum all the crap out you are done.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My 2018 Sporty has Cats inside each muffler. S/O removes them.

·
Registered
451 Posts

That sound more like an extreme lean condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts