Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just installed my supertrapp exhaust on the 750.

A pain in the butt to install, since the diameter of the inlet is not a perfect match to the exhaust out on our machines.

Needed to put some exhaust "cement" (don't know the name in english, sorry) and fabricate a couple of parts to make it work: one to tube for the inlet to work as a kind of spacer and one metal piece to hold the baffle on the back.

pics! and audio
https://youtu.be/uwRuS1Dqa_o

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi guys,

Just installed my supertrapp exhaust on the 750.

A pain in the butt to install, since the diameter of the inlet is not a perfect match to the exhaust out on our machines.

Needed to put some exhaust "cement" (don't know the name in english, sorry) and fabricate a couple of parts to make it work: one to tube for the inlet to work as a kind of spacer and one metal piece to hold the baffle on the back.

pics! and audio
https://youtu.be/uwRuS1Dqa_o
Awesome, would you mind sharing the part number or product code please

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, would you mind sharing the part number or product code please

Cheers

Ray
sure thing buddy
the exhaust is this one:
SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust
with the 2.25" inlet

Now I need to explain, this part will not fit easily.
You will have to:

a) either go to a shop and reduce the inlet a little bit (the 2" will be too narrow) so that it can slide very tightly or;

b) do as I did and use a metal tube and exhaust paste (it's a kind of cement for exhausts) and use a really strong metal ring to keep it in place, since the exhaust is made of a very strong material and will not get as tight as you need.

Then you will need to fabricate a piece for the back part. Notice the big metal screw (need to grind it later) on the first picture.

This took me about 4h to complete.
Hope this helps
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't know why the forum didn't let me reply.

the exhaust is this one guys:
SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust

2.25" inlet

To install it took me around 4h and here's why:
The 2" inlet is too narrow for our bikes, and the 2.25" is just a little bit too wide. You will need to do one of the following:

a - go to an exhaust shop and ask them to reduce the inlet a little bit. from the 2.25" to something like 2.15" (not sure about the numbers in inches). This will make the exhaust fit snuggly.

b - you will have to fabricate some kind of tube/spacer and apply some exhaust paste (it's a kind of cement for exhausts) and use a very strong metal ring to keep it tight. The exhaust is made of very strong materials so it won't bend and will break alluminium screws/rings.

After that you will need to fabricate something to hold the back ring that supports the weight of the exhaust. The stock one is screwed to the bike, but this one will have to be home made "screwed" hehe. Notice the big metal screw on my first picture. You can put a smaller one, I used that one and will grind it.

Hope this helps!
Sobrolho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered one of these...should have it next week. I may hold off on the install till after the recall rolls out and is complete, just in case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts