Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny how some folks saying “the engine sounds different” after changing the best of the best oil out there.

Just use conventional 20W50 and it cost $4 per Qt @ walmart and HD then use this oil filter WIX 57712 $8

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I am preparing for my spring oil change on my XG750A.

I got a great deal on some MOBIL 1 0W-40 European Car oil so I am going to give it a try. I will be making sure the clutch works okay and the dreaded gearshift CLUNK is not too much (like it was with Mobil 1 20W-50 V-Twin, and it mostly went away with Valvoline 20W-50 4-stroke).

Hey, if it doesn't work I can try something else. I think Valvoline 20W-50 4-stroke synthetic...

·
Registered
4 Posts
man.... still the age old debate... I will send a link to a video that will end the debate once and for all.... Synthetic is better in everyway... Of course when I break in a motor, I use conventional, due to the 500 mile interval to change and it being cheap to do so, and it's what I have done from the beginning, an old school machinist taught me that and he did it that way for every factory rebuild and every race motor and every turbo/super setup... 40+ years he was an ASE cert'd and had a ton of experience...
Wanna know whether Honda Jazz can use the synthetic oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Mobil 1 0W-40 is in my Street Rod, and it is running fine. Actually I swear it's running a bit cooler than previously with the Valvoline 20W-50 4-stroke. Plus, the gearshift CLUNK is not occurring, either.

What's weird is the Mobil 1 0W-40 is definitely smoother and less CLUNKing than the Mobil 1 20W-50 I tried before the Valvoline.

Well I am preparing for my spring oil change on my XG750A.

I got a great deal on some MOBIL 1 0W-40 European Car oil so I am going to give it a try. I will be making sure the clutch works okay and the dreaded gearshift CLUNK is not too much (like it was with Mobil 1 20W-50 V-Twin, and it mostly went away with Valvoline 20W-50 4-stroke).
View attachment 27086
Hey, if it doesn't work I can try something else. I think Valvoline 20W-50 4-stroke synthetic...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts