Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if a small auto parts car/truck tach will work on the street 750?

just curious, i'll likely go with the fp3 when I can afford it, I see where it shows rpm and a lot more.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is a place that sells 2.5" and 1.9" tachs for motorcycles, dime city cycles use the blue green wire on the coil as a trigger signal- so I have been told is all you need to use, that is the front cylinder wire from the ecm to the coil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, first excuse my poor English, I researched a bit what the partner and its information matches the ECM scheme, blue and green wire belongs to the impulses of the front cylinder.

I can only know if anyone has tested and if necessary to install the typical diode resistor in series with the input of the tachometer.

A greeting and forgive my ignorance.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, great job finding that information!

looks like something I might could do.
kinda leary though of tapping into the bike wiring.
I sure don't want to mess up and do anything that might damage the bike or its ecm.

now I just gotta decide if I want to make that jump...lol

I do thank you for your time and effort.

by the way, your English is just fine !

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed a tach today. I followed this YouTube video, which shows the schematic above for making the dual fire tach work on single fire bikes like the street. Not too hard to do if you can solder.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ut16TqBUYik

Works great!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts