Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent a few days at deals gap motorcycle resort to really see what this street 750 can do.

lets just say my foot pegs hate me now lol even in the rain i was able to push the bike hard and scrape foot pegs.

the Stock brakes didn't like the abuse i was giving them and quickly faded. I do plan on going back to the dragon after thoroughly testing the 4 piston upgrade kit, thicker fork oil, and better rear shocks.

The tires how ever not once let me down, even in the wet, I'm really impressed with the scorcher tires and will be buying the same ones when the bike needs tires.

For now I need to address the seat and brake issues. If anyone has bought the two up touring seat please let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a fun time! I've always heard it's quite an experience out there

If you can find time to go, please go! It's amazing!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ascoatings,

I'm two weeks into the Mustang Touring Seat. I like it, but the most I've put on it in one sitting so far has only been about 100 miles to lunch and then back (200 miles in total.) I didn't have any real issue with the stock seat until after about 2 to 3 hours in. I've got my own cushioning, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ascoatings,

I'm two weeks into the Mustang Touring Seat. I like it, but the most I've put on it in one sitting so far has only been about 100 miles to lunch and then back (200 miles in total.) I didn't have any real issue with the stock seat until after about 2 to 3 hours in. I've got my own cushioning, lol.
How does the seat work with the HD sissy bar & luggage rack? Any wear points on the back of the seat?

·
Registered
150 Posts
How does the seat work with the HD sissy bar & luggage rack? Any wear points on the back of the seat?
It's only been two weeks. I am fine with it, but I do see the concern that some would have...I do feel eventually it may wear. Right now it's so snug it just seems perfect. I'll try to post close-ups this weekend for you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ascoatings,

I don't know if I'll make The Tail of the Dragon, but this September, my vacation will be doing the Cherokee, Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Mountain area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ascoatings,

I don't know if I'll make The Tail of the Dragon, but this September, my vacation will be doing the Cherokee, Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Mountain area.
still just as much fun. Any mountain roads are fun!
I sadly live in Illinois and the closest thing i get to a mounting road is riding around the forest preserves..

Hmm I was wondering how the seat would look with the luggage rack and back rest as well. Now that i Know it looks like I'll have to make a taller back rest

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's only been two weeks. I am fine with it, but I do see the concern that some would have...I do feel eventually it may wear. Right now it's so snug it just seems perfect. I'll try to post close-ups this weekend for you.
...as promised, Corky. Had to take the seat off anyway to do the Power Vision, so we snapped some pictures of what it has done to the seat. I don't plan on ever taking off the sissy bar, I like to use it as a helmet holder, so I have no issue with it. But I can see where others might.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mustang two up seat is an awesome upgrade. Puts rider in better position and passenger has more seat. Fits well with stock sissy bar and luggage rack but back pad is now low

·
Registered
150 Posts
400 seems to be the magical number with the stock seat. I recently ordered the Mustang Touring 2-up but haven't done a ride yet. I will be doing Key West next weekend (approx. 400 round trip) and a NC trip (from FL) in the fall. I hope to have good reviews.

·
Registered
8 Posts
400 seems to be the magical number with the stock seat. I recently ordered the Mustang Touring 2-up but haven't done a ride yet. I will be doing Key West next weekend (approx. 400 round trip) and a NC trip (from FL) in the fall. I hope to have good reviews.

What brand of windshield is on your bike? Also, what is the height? Your windshield looks exactly like I want to put on my bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think the seat is finally starting to break itself in. Just in time for my Blue Ridge Mountains vacay at the end of the month.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like it much better in person, too, then the pics show in the catalog. I didn't think it was the same one when it came in (I had to wait for it to be ordered). But it is the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts