Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a tank bra that is made for the Street? Picking up one for my wife and would like something that would protect the tank from scratches. Especially where the jacket zippers meet the tank. Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I haven't seen any but I don't particularly like tank bras because after a while they get dirt under them and leave the tank scratched up.....3M makes a product that car dealers use to put inside new cars where the paint meets the plastic on the floor (where you open the car door). They put them on my wife's Chrysler 300....and work pretty good at keeping feet from scratching the paint when getting into the car....

Invisible bra is what they use on the front of cars...

http://www.invisiblemask.com/imask/index.php?route=common/home

Reactions: DV8 and 10-64

·
Registered
120 Posts
I purchased a bit of 3m clear bra material to put on my tank. I have the denim finish. I did not like the way it looked. It was way too shiny for me. It would do the trick if you don't mind the look. I have decided to just let my zipper pulls leave a patina on my tank.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My tank doesn't need a bra! I wish it was a little bigger though! LOL ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've had a MUSTANG tank bra, designed for the STREET, on my tank for about a year. No scratches or other problems, whatsoever. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. Jonberg, would you have a link of the tankbra your using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also if you could post a picture of it on your tank, that'd be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry I don't have a picture but if you want to see the item just go to this:

Tank Bibs : Mustang

It's: easy, inexpensive, looks good, installs in < 1 minute, stays there and no KEY or Zipper worry's thereafter.

JMB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts