Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hating on the standard tank on my bike since I got it. I don't think it's any surprise that the best looking customs from the King of the Streets contest had either highly modified or completely different tanks. Unlike the sportster that has a relatively easy to place fuel pump since it's on a horizontal plain, the pump on the XG is placed on a weird angle up under the tunnel.

Does anyone have any experience with these kinds of fuel pumps? The fittings on both pumps look to be identical, and if that's the case, if the pressures going to the injectors are the same (and that's what I need to find out), it doesn't sound like it would be too hard to place the narrower Sportster style tank on an XG.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is one that was done in France with the Sporty tank. Looks like you just need to fab mounts and plug it up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@charlesskelter, Do you know what shop did that work, or a link to an article where I could find them? I'd love to reach out directly and see if I can get some good answers for the rest of the board. If a sporty fuel pump will work, it's mounting location at the bottom of a tank will open up a whole mess of options for all of us.

Matt

·
Registered
367 Posts
It is a dealership in France that competed in the Custom Kings competition. One of the guys said they did use the Sportster fuel pump when I asked. That's about all I can tell you, I'll look around and see if I can't find more on it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts