Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
For the first and third photos I would say that you could cover those using any heat resistant paint intended for engines, exhausts, heating radiators, BBQ grills, or wood stoves. I don't know what brands are common in your part of the world, but Krylon and Rust-Oleum are pretty popular brands of paint in the United States. Rutland is a provider of woodstove and fireplace accessories including brush on and spray paint.

As for photo #2, the bike comes with that paint being unpainted. Since H-D has access to all of these same high temperature paints and more I'm guessing they gave up on using any of them on that pipe. My thoughts are that they didn't want to warranty the paint due to excessively high temperatures.

·
Registered
2015 Street 500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the first and third photos I would say that you could cover those using any heat resistant paint intended for engines, exhausts, heating radiators, BBQ grills, or wood stoves. I don't know what brands are common in your part of the world, but Krylon and Rust-Oleum are pretty popular brands of paint in the United States. Rutland is a provider of woodstove and fireplace accessories including brush on and spray paint.

As for photo #2, the bike comes with that paint being unpainted. Since H-D has access to all of these same high temperature paints and more I'm guessing they gave up on using any of them on that pipe. My thoughts are that they didn't want to warranty the paint due to excessively high temperatures.
Im worried that it would be super noticeable being a fresh black, I might just give it a try.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts