Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/IMG]

I recently attended the Toronto Motorcycle Show and while I was there I took some pictures of the HD Street. Thought I would post them up here to share with you guys.

The bike looked basically like I expected it to from all the photos that I have seen on the forum and elsewhere. One of the things that stood out to me was the exposed coil shock for the rear of the bike. I think that it looks nice, simple and classic.

Other than that, I thought that the bike is pretty comfortable with the seat and the sitting position. It's at a fairly affordable price, and it still gives you a true Harley bike.

You can see in this picture that the exhaust pipe has got a cap on the end of it. I'm sure that is not on the production model. :p

I noticed the wheel on the HD Street, but I don't really like it that much. It seems a bit too much for me. I don't think that it matches with the simplicity of the rest of the bike, so I would choose to change that for my own Street.

Let me know if you have any questions about the HD Street at the Toronto Motorcycle Show, and I'll try to answer them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like they added a few things from stock. Cafe seat, changed out the mirrors, grips and foot controls, Screaming Eagle exhaust, Buckshot headers and different wheels. I agree, I like the stock wheels better. I'm doing the same exhaust changes to mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts

You can see in this picture that the exhaust pipe has got a cap on the end of it. I'm sure that is not on the production model. :p
Actually that is Infact on the production model. It serves to maintain backpressure and to be legally compliant in all 50 states back here in the USA.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I'm mostly interested in the wheels because it appears to be using the belt drive as opposed to being converted to a chain drive that's generally required for most wheel changes on the Street. The cush-drive for the Street is unique for the pulley and that's a part of the rear wheel assembly (hub). So I'm wondering where the real wheel assembly is coming from.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
And for almost 1k dollars, you too can get a set to fit on your bike.
Wheels ain't cheap. I'm assuming these are like the stock wheels (i.e. machined aluminum castings) and $1000 for both front and rear is really when cheap compared to the higher quality machined forged aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Actually that is Infact on the production model. It serves to maintain backpressure and to be legally compliant in all 50 states back here in the USA.
hmmm, its not the stock muffler from the factory, it is the Harley screamin eagle optional slip on muffler, those plates visible in the end of the slip on muffler can be removed one at a time for more sound and less back pressure, the way I understand it anyway.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like the Harley #1 medallions on the lower right side of the engine's crank case.
I know the air breather cover medallion is available, however I decided to go with the screaming eagle cover for my air breather.

but...how does the lower medallion attach to the side of the crankcase ?

with the heat from the engine, seems like an adhesive wont hold it in place for long.
any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
766 Posts
ok, my bad!....I went to the Harley parts online store and seen the medallion listed.
on the more info link, it shows the parts and how to mount this item.

it does come with a sticky pad and a metal bracket that the medallion does screw to.
I am still leary about the sticky pad staying applied once the engine gets hot though.

so...I answered my own question! ...hopefully this will help some one else some day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts