Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the HD Street 750 a few days back. and the first thing I noticed is it is NOT a city street bike. Two main reasons.

1. The engine gets really hot in the start stop city traffic, I would use the word burns..... you need proper denimware to ride this in the city.

2. The clutch and gear shift is not smooth and easy as expected in a city bike, you will end up with sore and acking hands, especially the clutch which is hard, gears extremly clunky, by the time you find the neutral, its time to go.:(

Out on a open stretch though, its a totally different story, it will change your concept of biking.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Rode one today, but it was a 500, no problem finding neutral nor with the clutch being heavy.

Do you ride the friction zones a lot?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the clutch is adjustable, When I shift into first, the bike jumps forward, clearly there is a clutch adjustment problem.

The bike is ridden in Mumbai which is +40*C, with an average riding speed of 12 Kmph that is when the issues cropin.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Yes the clutch is adjustable, When I shift into first, the bike jumps forward, clearly there is a clutch adjustment problem.

The bike is ridden in Mumbai which is +40*C, with an average riding speed of 12 Kmph that is when the issues cropin.
+40 degrees is just a insane. Like riding slowly through a fire pit with out the proper protection.

If thats the case I would just stay out of the busy city.

·
Registered
139 Posts
+40 degrees is just a insane. Like riding slowly through a fire pit with out the proper protection.

If thats the case I would just stay out of the busy city.
40 C is just 104 F, a mild summer day in Phoenix, Arizona. I lived in Phoenix for 15 years and it gets up to 120 F in the summer. And I rode my bike in traffic. But yeah, hot as hades. That's why I don't live there anymore.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am wondering what kind of expectation OP has. No bike is cool in use on a 40 degree C day. My K bike leaves burns on my legs when ridden in those temps, and that is just from heat radiating off the engine, not from direct contact with anything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am wondering what kind of expectation OP has. No bike is cool in use on a 40 degree C day. My K bike leaves burns on my legs when ridden in those temps, and that is just from heat radiating off the engine, not from direct contact with anything.
Are you wearing pants Desert Tortoise? ;)

Please tell me you're not one of those guys riding around in shorts and flip-flops !! :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Better avoid this bike in extreme Indian Summers. Never ridden anything that gets that hot! Any more problems than burns; little more up and it's Serious....!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
40 C is just 104 F, a mild summer day in Phoenix, Arizona. I lived in Phoenix for 15 years and it gets up to 120 F in the summer. And I rode my bike in traffic. But yeah, hot as hades. That's why I don't live there anymore.
That is way too much heat for me. I wouldn't last a second with those temps. Although it would be nice to ride all year round.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HD Street 750 OR Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 EFI

Hello Blokes..
I hope to receive some answers for my questions about the new HS Street 750.

1) During test ride, I felt the engine is very hot and despite of wearing jeans I have suffered minor burns on my right thigh at the idle stage at the signal for 2-3 mins. The total test ride was 3kms with 2 signals and it took -merely 7-8 mins.

- Should I buy this bike if I am using it for daily commute between my store and home that is 16kms one way with 3 signals of 2-4 mins halt for each ?

- We aren't rich to spend hard earned money blindly just for a brand. My brother advice to me is go for Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 MATT BLACK with EFI Engine.

- Being in business, I have no time for riding Long distances or for Leisure Purpose.

- Is it better to buy Thunderbird 500?

- Power and speed doesn't matter since the speed limit is 80kmph on the route I travel.

- Test rode the Thunderbird 500 and felt this bike is a perfect match according to my needs. Harley doesn't meet my requirements only apart from owning one of the superior brand. Is it worth spending 5lacks just for a brand name?

- Dropped the idea of buying Harley mainly because of the Heat of the engine which is not acceptable after paying such a huge amount.

- All suggestions are welcome. If I should still buy Harley then give me the appropriate reasons.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am also giving it a second thought. By the way check Enfield Continental GT. Except for the riding position it is superior in every other way to any other Enfield. And price difference is not much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like you guys have already made up your mind. All I will say is that from an Indian perspective, it's the power that matters when you compare the two bikes. Actually speaking, as a prospective buyer myself, it comes down to two things, money, and how much of a rider spirit you got in you. If it's only money, then bullet is your answer. If you value exploring around on a bike, yet value the riding experience then harley is the blind choice. If the engine and the ride quality doesn't bother you too much, and the maintaining it isn't too much of a bother, since u can get any local mechanic to do it, then go for the bullet. I have a 500cc and have ridden it a lot. It's a good bike, and you won't regret it, compared to other Indian offerings, but the Harley 750, is just a different experience altogether. The best thing about the bike is the engine, and all the customisation you can do.

But, at the end of the day, my recommendation is follow your heart. If you feel it, buy it.

Cheers,

KK

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thankyou Puneet& KK for your valuable feedback.
However, I would like to inform you that I had been to Teknik Motors Sarjapura road Bangalore & booked m. Thunderbird 500 Stone black. Test rode the bike & as per my requirements it was a perfect match & has a decent acceleration & braking. As I had influence with M.D. Mr.Anand, he promised to arrange the bike within 10days against full payment. As of now, I personally feel that I should wait until Harley gets some updates on this bike but I would surely go for Iron 883 which is my 1st preference. Presently I do not hv cash to buy one bcz I dont like to be commited for loans. Will wait few years and think about it later. Guys, any of you require advice on sanitary products & pricing, im here to help you all. I own a sanitary store in Bangalore. Thanks again for your valuable feedback..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Competition is hotting up! BMW has Confirmed a 350cc & 500cc bike for India. If you can wait there might be a reward in waiting.

Moreover KTM is developing twin cylinder bikes upto 800cc with Bajaj so price would be competitive.

I think Beemers are intended for export also:-

BMW-TVS First Bikes Are 350cc Enduro, 500cc Roadster | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Now that's what im talking about, glad to see BMW coming out with a rival. Any idea what other bike makers might step in?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts