Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a S&S Grand National slip on with the FP3 this weekend. As no one makes an air cleaner kit as of yet I modded the stock air box removing the twin snorkels. The area behind the screen is wide open.

What canned tune did those running an exhaust other than the V&H's to get things going? I do plan on performing the Auto Tune.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will be installing a S&S Grand National slip on with the FP3 this weekend. As no one makes an air cleaner kit as of yet I modded the stock air box removing the twin snorkels. The area behind the screen is wide open.

What canned tune did those running an exhaust other than the V&H's to get things going? I do plan on performing the Auto Tune.

No one makes an air cleaner kit?? HUH? K&N does...Super easy 10 minute install too...

Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am pretty sure all of the kits that replace the whole intake air box are compatible for both. Like the one K&N makes. Also harley just released a screaming eagle intake for it. it uses the original air box with a new oiled filter and you can replace the badge with a screaming eagle badge.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clear things up for everyone I will take my intake apart and take a picture. The Street Rod has a dual intake clearly seen behind the intake box as the Street has a single port. Look at the differences just in the air filters in the Screamin Chicken intake kits.

It was proven in another post that the SE air filter for the SR was just the same OE filter dyed red and dry. NOT a K&N filter. There is also no replacement housing/backing plate available for the SR.

S&S was aware they were different hence them producing a new one specifically for the SR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
To clear things up for everyone I will take my intake apart and take a picture. The Street Rod has a dual intake clearly seen behind the intake box as the Street has a single port. Look at the differences just in the air filters in the Screamin Chicken intake kits.

It was proven in another post that the SE air filter for the SR was just the same OE filter dyed red and dry. NOT a K&N filter. There is also no replacement housing/backing plate available for the SR.

S&S was aware they were different hence them producing a new one specifically for the SR.
there ain't no way that the screaming eagle filter is a paper filter dyed red. Plus k&N sells the same intake kit for bot the streets and the street rod. you have any links to these other posts because i haven't seen them and i check this forum everyday.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have them mistakenly mislabled for fitting the Street Rod. They admitted this themselves.

A forum member bought the SE filter and posted pictures of it side by side to the OE filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just watched a video on installing the screaming eagle and i see what you are saying about the dual intake vs the streets single. makes me wonder if the K&N filter would come dual but they only used a generic picture from a previous model.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can clearly see it has less ribs. in the comments of the video i posted he says that it made a big difference with the filter and the stage one tuner.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, since I actually like the OEM SR intake we'll find out soon enough. I ordered the SE filter kit.

I have also Dremel'd out the restrictive intake tubes just inside the screen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts