Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on a trip between Hellston and Austin. Pulled over in La Grange for gas and noticed there was a lot of smoke rolling off my engine. Ended up having a friend tow me back home. The engine is covered in chalky white deposits that were antifreeze and possibly a little oil. Assumed the worst and started tearing down the motor. Only to discover that it was not, in fact a head gasket at all, but a blown coolant sleeve.

Oh well. I still need head gaskets now (on back order until Monday-- from two weeks ago from the $tealership) and another week for coolant sleeves. Oh what fun.

To be fair, I'm glad I haven't completely bricked the motor, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
**** dude that looks rough i gotta know-- how many miles you got on that thing? were you doin high speed interstate? just wanna know what to watch out for thanks for the feedback ---- thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I too faced this blown coolant sleeve problem quite recently. I had ridden 25kms in moderate traffic and was about to reach my office when I could see white smoke and leak. Since the leak was under the tank initially I suspected it was fuel and got scared but it was just coolant. So nothing caught fire :). I was told by service centre that this was the first they have seen this issue. They replaced the clamp, coolant and returned 'after observation' for a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts