Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 2014 Street 500 that the throttle cables snapped on. Some photos of the throttle assembly seem to show a metal brace/bar linking the two cables as they enter the assembly. So I feel like this one is missing. But when I look on the parts schematic it is not showing one. There is a threaded hole between where the two cables enter. From looking at some full size Harley's they seem to have a star thumb wheel & spring used as a throttle lock in that location. What do you folks have there? Any close up photos would be super helpful. The first photo shows a random one i found online that seems the have a retaining bar. The second photo is the one i am working on with just a screw hole.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
64 Posts
Can't help much but here's my Electra Glide throttle cables going into grip. It's a lot different. A broken cable is not all that rare. But for me, the timing of broken throttle cable is always bad. Yes, bike is dirty, been raining a lot.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am not 100% certain as I have not purchased one so you may need to give HD a ring to confirm but I believe that if you order part No: 71500116 you will find that the whole assembly including the metal piece is included? The cost of this part in the UK is £13.21. Having said that - it looks like a part that could easily be made with a bit of metal and half hours work The attached photo may help though?? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts