Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a throttle lock? If so which is an effective one, I saw one with MotoSport - Kuryakyn economy throttle assist 6218. I will be grateful for any inputs. Amazon and eBay have a lot of cramp busters. My throttle hand was tingling and cramping especially on the highway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't have a throttle lock, but have been using this cramp buster: http://a.co/7S0YOPh for about a year now. It helps quite a bit when going longer distances between stops. It isn't as good as the cruise control on my BMW bike, but is better than nothing. And it is dirt cheap.

I wouldn't recommend getting a wider one if you go the cramp buster route. IMHO you want to be able to grip the throttle to the side of the cramp buster if you need to when accelerating/decelerating. Otherwise you have to rotate it clockwise to get it out of your way each time, then reset it when you are back up to speed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've got Kuryakyn ISO grips on my bike, including the bar end weights and a Throttle Boss. The combination has worked wonders for taming the vibration in the handlebars, so I don't get numb hands anymore. The Throttle Boss makes it so you don't have to even grip the bar with your right hand, you can have a relaxed grip and still maintain speed. The ISO grips are comparatively huge compared to the stock grips; I've found that yes, I can get a full grip to the side of the Throttle Boss if necessary.

Overall the combination of the ISO grips and the bar end weights have resulted in one of my favorite mods I've done to my Street 750.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use a Crampbuster and one of these Brakeaway throttle locks on my Victory. The Brakeaway is pricey, and I'm not 100% certain if the Harley model will fit the Streets (would have to contact them), but once you get it dialed in correctly, the only thing better (IMHO) is a true electronic cruise control. The Brakeaway has a push-button throttle setting that immediately disengages with the slightest tap of the brakes, but it remains in place enough for you to roll the throttle open or closed without disengaging the lock entirely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts