Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a throttle sleeve that will work with 7/8" grips and fit the housing for the Street? I find it ridiculous that the stock tube is fit for 1" grips but the bike uses 7/8" bars.

A cheaper one will be fine but I'd also be interested in a pricier option if it actually improves throttle use. I'm not looking to modify the housing though, preferably it would slide in like the OEM tube, but would fit 7/8" grips.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased mine from dime city cycles, it fits well within the housing and I feel like the throttle response is smoother than with the stock. Not bad for 8 dollars!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased mine from dime city cycles, it fits well within the housing and I feel like the throttle response is smoother than with the stock. Not bad for 8 dollars!

Which model did you purchase? I show they have a few different ones listed. Sorry for being such a newb!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Just purchased myself one, I really appreciate the link :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey no problem! Hope the install goes good for you! Just remember you'll have to loosen the cables a bit on the throttle to remove them from the original throttle tube.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That will be the interesting part! I have the stock on currently as I installed a 1" grip, however I also switched handlebars so I just moved them left and then back right once the tube was on. Need to start a thread with current mods, done quite a bit of changing since I passed my 1k service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I bought the throttle tube and installed it on my drag bars.. but there is a lot of slack and play in the cables now. I adjusted them as much as possible but theres still about 1/2" of play... did anyone else have this issue? If so how did you correct it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I bought the throttle tube and installed it on my drag bars.. but there is a lot of slack and play in the cables now. I adjusted them as much as possible but theres still about 1/2" of play... did anyone else have this issue? If so how did you correct it?
Is there an adjustment at the throttle body? I would say start there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts