Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With current restrictions in place for stopping the spread of Covid-19, how much are you getting to ride? Hopefully plenty.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Both bikes went for oil changes a couple of months ago and got parked until last week. The first three years that I was riding I was hitting 7K miles per year, but that was commuting to work on a motorcycle as much as possible visiting my house and family in another part of the state frequently.

Between a cold, wet start to the year and Covid-19 restrictions, I haven't hardly ridden at all. Much of my work can be done by telecommuting and my family members all have health conditions that make them shun visitors. Trips to the office for computer hardware issues are normally combined with the limited shopping. Those trips need more cargo capacity than the bike has.

I ride for the utility of it rather than the joy of riding, but last Thursday I finally "forced" myself to jump on the Street 750 for an hour long joy ride. I did the same with the Sportster for an hour and a half on Saturday. Today is Monday and I rode to the office for the first time this year. I'll probably take the long way home so that I can finish logging 200 miles to complete the June challenge on the H-D phone app.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do get to commute daily, weather permitting. I usually average 700 to 800 hundred miles a month and here lately only about 500 miles a month. There has not been any out of town rides. Just be glad when I can just jump on bike and go wherever I want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts