Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum members.

This is my first post, so sorry, if this question already are asked and answered.

Witch umbraco, and witch size, do I use to unmount the handlebar?

(Is it a inch or mm-umbraco key)

... Background story: I need to get the bike through a 70cm doorway, but don't have the bike yet. Need to be prepared when I do)

Best regards:
Slimey

·
Registered
504 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum, from Ontario, Canada.

TBH, I had to "Google" umbraco because I have never heard of an "Allen key" referred to this way.

I could go and check mine, but it is more than likely a metric key that's required. They usually come in "sets" so it shouldn't be hard to get the right size.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would recommend using a Socket type Allen. They have about 18 Ft Pounds torque. There is a Procedure to Tighten down the screws. Rear first. Front last. As viewed from the seat. Torqued to 18 Ft Pounds. Most of the Metric bikes have a Mark for aligning. I don't see it mentioned in the shop manual. Maybe you should mark it with some chalk. Or tape and a line.

I just measured mine. 6mm Allen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi 10-64 and Tucsonmax1

Bike arrived yesterday, and by some wiggling got through the doorway without removing the handlebars. It is always better to be prepared than to face disaster.
Speaking of disasters, I did smash up the tail-lights AND the plastic cover to the water-cooler, trying to get it up some stairs and around tight corners.

BTW 10-64: Allen tool company does not export to Scandinavia, so naturally, we call them by different name. (unbraco, and not umbraco, as I misspelled it in my first post). Over here, quality hand tools is made by BAHCO. Everything else is made in China. In fact, the danish word for a adjustable spanner is "the Swedish tool" :)

Thank you both for input to my question

·
Registered
504 Posts
BTW 10-64: Allen tool company does not export to Scandinavia, so naturally, we call them by different name. (unbraco, and not umbraco, as I misspelled it in my first post). Over here, quality hand tools is made by BAHCO. Everything else is made in China. In fact, the danish word for a adjustable spanner is "the Swedish tool" :)
I learned something today! Thanks;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts