Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast have you had your street model up to?

I've had mine to 100 mph per speedo.
I seen somewhere, it'll do 110 mph.
anyone here know for sure?

I've had my other bike to 160 mph per speedo.
after 120 the wind gets pretty intense.>:D

ok, back down to earth now, I normally drive within 5 mph of the posted speed limit.:nerd:

·
Registered
58 Posts
75. I ride around the speed limit. No sense in going faster than needed. Just gives less time to react. Not to mention, a better chance of getting a ticket.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
75. I ride around the speed limit. No sense in going faster than needed. Just gives less time to react. Not to mention, a better chance of getting a ticket.
I agree. i have always seen what the top speed is on every bike I've owned,... once!

when i do it is very brief and on an open road with long visibility, no traffic and no cross roads.

i certainly don't ride like that all the time, that would be insane.

don't know about other states, but around here anything 30 mph over the speed limit is no tickets, they just take ya to jail.
you'll lose your license for a year and your insurance will skyrocket.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've had my bike up to 100 mph a couple of times but that was on the freeway here with a long straight away with no exits/entrances. In the sleepy little village I live in, the local marshal borrowed a speed check trailor and placed it on the street north of our main street (under construction). The speed limit is 25 mph here. I have driven by that speed detector/indicator and it keeps registering my speed 3-4 mph slower than what my speedometer is reading. Just a thought, Next time you come upon one of those speed indicator's, check your odometer and see if they match. Also, in my state, they just raised the speed limit from 65mph on the freeway to 70mph. Now I had to do 75 mph just to barely keep up with the traffic flow in the right lane. I prefer cruising at 60 with clean air and 6th gear on the two lane highways.

·
Registered
367 Posts
With that logic the extra 250ccs you paid for are a waste of money.

I've had my 500 up to 98 indicated, the local exit ramp radar clocks my speedo off by 2mph so with that I'd say I've had it right up to about 95 and I'm sure she didn't have much left. I'd be interested to see if anyone has tuned their 500 and gotten any worth while improvements.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Been told fuel pack 3 generates 50 hp on my 750 with that said my fat butt (6'2" 260 lbs) has had it up to 95 mph -didnt feel comfortable going faster but it had plenty of twist left on it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Been told fuel pack 3 generates 50 hp on my 750 with that said my fat butt (6'2" 260 lbs) has had it up to 95 mph -didnt feel comfortable going faster but it had plenty of twist left on it!
I've just tuned with the fuelpak3 and it definitely "fixed" the deceleration pop. honestly I haven't noticed a change in power BUT maybe a little more oomph on the highway at 60+ speeds.

I've only been to 85mph maybe 90. But that's fast enough for me!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've just tuned with the fuelpak3 and it definitely "fixed" the deceleration pop. honestly I haven't noticed a change in power BUT maybe a little more oomph on the highway at 60+ speeds.

I've only been to 85mph maybe 90. But that's fast enough for me!
I seen on you tube a street 750 had like 54 hp stock and after installing a slip on and fuel remapping it dyno'd 59 hp.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've bounced the needle on my 750 on 110 mph. I can cruise at 100, but i cant hear my engine so i'm not sure what the RPMs are, i just know that the throttle wasn't maxed out. I'm only 150 lbs so that kinda helps a lot too, haha.
i'm down to 180 lbs from my max of 220 lbs 7 yrs ago. I believe rider weight does have something to do with how fast it reaches speed, but maybe not so much as top speed, but I honestly don't know for sure.

yeah, I don't think I could cruise at 100 mph on this bike. I have cruised at 85-90 during one trip I took along the interstate with out any discomfort. most of my riding is on the rural back roads at the posted speed limit.

but, a turbo would be nice on this baby, huh?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've had mine up to 85mph on the freeway once heading up to Malibu. I love the feel of the wind on my chest!

My last bike had a full fairing and in Minnesota it was nice on the cool mornings but I forgot how much I like the wind against me!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had mine up to 85mph on the freeway once heading up to Malibu. I love the feel of the wind on my chest!

My last bike had a full fairing and in Minnesota it was nice on the cool mornings but I forgot how much I like the wind against me!
Definitely something I have to get used to. I was on the highway the other day going around 75mph and felt like it was going to blow me off the bike!

·
Registered
58 Posts
105 MPH....TWICE.....WITH STOCK AIR FILTER, AND VANCE & HINES SLIP ON EXHAUST. I am no small little guy either, 6' tall - 230lbs.......I never tried to top speed it with the stock exhaust, cause I really didn't have it on very long after buying my bike. I attempted to see how fast I could go, and hit 105.....then a few weeks later I decided to see how fast the bike could go....105.....now it was a tad warm out both times I tried, so in cooler conditions it might get a little more for me. I have not tired again since installing V&H vo2 Intake & FP3...... will try this weekend and re-post here if I can get it above 105.

·
Registered
147 Posts
God, my 500 is feeling like it won't go above 100km (60mph) there must be a massive difference in the 750 performance

11 months and 15 days time and I will be on a bigger bike.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts