Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a fairly long ride next month and and I'm not going to ride the bike that far in the cold!:laugh: My friend has a truck with a 6 foot bed. Now, I know that it has a 59.5 in wheel base, but is that from axle to axle, or the farthest edge of the tires? Any help would be appreciated!:)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Why not just go measure the overall length of the bike? Or am I missing something here?

Page 106 of the Owners Manual shows the overall length of the bikes at 87.6". (Not sure where you got the 59.5" wheelbase because the Manual shows it to be 60.4")

The bike "might" fit on an angle in the rear, with the tailgate down.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm taking a fairly long ride next month and and I'm not going to ride the bike that far in the cold!
Cold? WTF, you live in Daytona Beach, Florida! You have no idea what cold is! I woke up this morning to -14C ................ and it's still November! :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not just go measure the overall length of the bike? Or am I missing something here?

Page 106 of the Owners Manual shows the overall length of the bikes at 87.6". (Not sure where you got the 59.5" wheelbase because the Manual shows it to be 60.4")

The bike "might" fit on an angle in the rear, with the tailgate down.
I would check but I'm currently out of country for a bit on some "business" :) It's down to 75 degrees in Daytona right now! too cold for me! :cool: Thanks for the numbers though! BTW, I got the 59.5 off the internet, guess you can't always trust it LOL.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm currently out of country for a bit on some "business" :) It's down to 75 degrees in Daytona right now! too cold for me! :cool:
If you're "out of the country on business" and "75 degrees in Daytona" is too cold .....................you've gotta be in a hot place, so ..... go get those ISIS guys!;)

Thanks for your service!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts