Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried trading in their Street? I'm most likely to trade-in my street 500 depending on the trade-in value, the Harley dealer I got it from has a guaranteed 4.5k value trade-in applied to new bikes certain conditions apply. Seeing as how I've chopped my bike a bit pretty sure I broke those terms, but it has been mentioned to me that they might want it because it is custom and I have been getting a lot of comments about what it is, but... they might not want it at the same time because they can't get rid of the stock inventory. Anyone know? tried?

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Generally I go to cycletrader.com to see what bikes are selling for in my area. I don't know if they cover Canada or if there is another similar site for the great white north.

You can also check dealer websites in the area to see what they are selling bikes for. Expect a lower offer than what they sell used bikes for as the dealership needs to make a profit on the resale.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally I go to cycletrader.com to see what bikes are selling for in my area. I don't know if they cover Canada or if there is another similar site for the great white north.

You can also check dealer websites in the area to see what they are selling bikes for. Expect a lower offer than what they sell used bikes for as the dealership needs to make a profit on the resale.
that's a great idea, how much lower should I be expecting? when I was talking to my mechanic he was saying they'd probably want it being custom and it actually looks great and I have been getting a lot of comments and questions about it, but they may not want it at the same time because stock ones are hard to sell.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
I really don't know how much margin the dealer wants to have. I would try checking their inventory and compare their asking prices to any similar bikes that are for sale by owner.

Another thing you can try is looking in the NADA guide. If you can get a dealer to look in the actual guide it will list several price categories that aren't displayed on the link I gave you. The dealer will pretty much want to offer you a wholesale price, which will probably be lower than the low retail price in the link.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't know how much margin the dealer wants to have. I would try checking their inventory and compare their asking prices to any similar bikes that are for sale by owner.

Another thing you can try is looking in the NADA guide. If you can get a dealer to look in the actual guide it will list several price categories that aren't displayed on the link I gave you. The dealer will pretty much want to offer you a wholesale price, which will probably be lower than the low retail price in the link.
so unfortunately, too modified will not be accepted by dealer, so im selling it privately, i bumped selling price to 8k expecting to be lowballed and dropped price so anything by 6k im good with

1 - 5 of 5 Posts