Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Transponder unreliable?

16K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Janmad 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2017 Street750. 2 Transponders with fresh batteries. Seems pretty random if they are going to work.

My tendency is to sit on bike an stand it straight of stand before putting key in and starting. Even with transponder in pocket alarm is activated. Taken to keeping both transponders on me as hard without repeatedly setting off alarm to be sure which is working. Safest route seems to be to put in key and start bike before sitting on and taking it off stand. Seems this should not be necessary though. Any tips or thoughts please?

#2 ·
I have no clue but my thoughts are it might be programed that way. So it expects a sequence as you've shown it starts this way with out the alarm setting off. That tells me the function of the transponder is OK.

I would sort of now walk up to it, I have no clue who uprighted me, I'm alarmed now, ask questions later. That's how low level, have no dropdown menu to change alarm to upright. Ahhh, wrong answer. Upright and walk away, no alarm?

Probably why no menu change. I'd set it as is and too bad, you have to follow sequence. It makes sense to me, the unit being preset, no changes. Unless you are saying it can go off both ways is the random? That says you can sometimes do it your way and no alarm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.