Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a set for the HD Street. Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with them yet?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love their work and will bee looking to getting some when i can afford it( a little while off, yet)
Def. want spoke wheels..!

·
Registered
367 Posts
When they first installed them, this is the site they gave me when I asked about them

Price List

They may or may not be cheaper to buy direct. Your choice if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really like the spoke wheels offered by Tuffside. They are pricy but really make the bike pop from the mag wheels. If you watch his videos where he took a stock 750 and made it into a cafe he had to lengthen the side stand. I'm curious if this is something that anyone else would have to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.
My bike is yet to arrive and am getting impatient.
Anyone measured the it up, how big a rear tire could you squeeze in there?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Larger wheels mean a longer kickstand.

Tire size is relative - what suspension are you using, what size wheel, what kind of tire you are looking for, etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at a 17, width will be dependent on tire size.
I've seen some online look around 200, but have all have custom fenders, thinking may fail on a stock fender.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
When they first installed them, this is the site they gave me when I asked about them

Price List

They may or may not be cheaper to buy direct. Your choice if you want to check it out.
Just to clear things up a bit... our custom wheels for the HD Street are not Sportster, or any other Harley wheels for that matter (XG is completely different). We have custom made hubs - CNC machined with the XG cushdrive adapter for your belt drive built in. I'm sure you can make a front wheel fit from another bike with some modifications, but what about the rear? Our wheels and hubs have been designed from scratch just for the XG models. Some other company tried to make a few (and used pictures of our bikes in the process) but they are not our wheel company. We have a cnc company making our hubs exclusively and specifically for us.

If you try to make your own here is the breakdown from "most" vendors...
2 custom CNC cut hubs and custom XG cushdrive $1000 +, Aluminum USA made hoops, $600 + Stainless spokes $250 +, Don’t forget custom color Powdercoating - assembly labor, truing, hand painted pinstripes, etc… well over $2500 to piece them together yourself. That doesn’t include the 1-off CNC programing fees you will be charged to design a hub nobody else makes yet. So probably closer to $3000 to make 1 set of custom spoke wheels by yourself.

We have a very small margin on these as it is, so unless CHINA starts making them the price is what it is for now.

-CC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts