Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Turbo 750 project

90K views 144 replies 20 participants last post by  gertbotes1968 
#1 ·
Hey guys been working with One Off Customs on a turbo Idea.
So far we are gathering parts and planning this out.

I will be posting pics and updates as time goes on with an eventual dyno run.

heres is my bike currently.

selected a turbo for the bike

and just received my power commander and exhaust gaskets

still waiting on a few parts before we dig into the bike. (boost gauge, turbo flanges and gaskets, and air filter)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
11/9/2016

here's is my bike currently.

still waiting on a few parts before we dig into the bike. (boost gauge, turbo flanges and gaskets, and air filter)

11/10/2016

had some sweet flanges show up today

started tearing into it today.

making a custom exhaust is going to be fun.
harleys stock exhaust has a flare on it and made the exhaust guy get a little creative

#145 ·
11/9/2016

here's is my bike currently.

11/10/2016

had some sweet flanges show up today

started tearing into it today.

making a custom exhaust is going to be fun.
harleys stock exhaust has a flare on it and made the exhaust guy get a little creative

I like the idea of a Turbo on the 750
I just don't like the pictures you are posting with the HUGE Photobucket logo on it.
it kinda make it difficult to want to even try follow this project if I know I am going to see it in every picture.
lucky for me, there are lots of other places I can look where I will not have that problem.
Brilliant idea, wish I could see how it all come together, but don't think I can come back here and see another picture with Photobucket writen all over it.

#3 ·
Pics didn't show up on my end... But ****, you actually went through with it... If I could see the pics I would give some input... and of course keep me posted as I would do the Turbo kit myself, but I don't do autocad or 3d printing, I am a caveman welder, auto mech with degree and certs, but that only goes so far...

injector swap is probably gonna be mandatory, pump maybe, compressor bypass/blow off valve, internal wastegate I assume, turbo oil feed line, and coolant lines if you are tapping those as well, refuel map and tune for 93 octane at least (turbos hate detonation and exhaust back pressure), exhaust will be fun to create some bends... Stainless or mild steel for the manifold? and what turbo did you guys decide on?

Reactions: Martin.Thomas
#9 ·
I can tell you that they survived a pressure washer with out letting water in lol.
But i had to pick up plugs from my local hardware store to plug up the holes in the bottom. They must have used those holes for a different mounting point.

#11 ·
I like this mod for the 750. Somehow, eveything on this motor screams "Feed Me!" Let us know how it progresses. I'm working on suspension mods ar this point, before I pump any more H.P. Changing wheels so I can run a 120/70/17 on the front, and a 190/50/17 on the rear. Also changing over to chain drive. When that's done, I'll be ready to handle more get-up-and-go.

#12 ·
NICE! i look forward to see pics! 190 series rear!? Thats a big jump over the 140 series. Going for looks or drag racing? lol

Also you might want to think about a brake upgrade.

side note, why a chain drive? looking at changing gearing?

#16 ·
quick update front pipe is started but looks like we need some more pipes

little longer

mocked up on the bike. Now waiting for some more piping so we can get this turbo mounted up.

#20 ·
Clean those welds up lol... looks like ARC welding to me... mild steel of course MIG and ARC are great for, but I prefer TIG if I can... I figured that's where the turbo is going... Be sure to make a manifold setup for a bolt on kit, I can do everything myself except the pipe bending, or mandrel bending whatever you guys are using... Looking good Adam and Nick... Great job guys, not get the ball moving on the 2016+ Brake caliper brackets so I can upgrade my shitty so called 300mm big brake kit from Harley...

Reactions: Martin.Thomas
#21 ·
STUFF!!!!

and now for your viewing pleasure

Front pipe

mock up with front pipe

front and rear pipe coming closer together

the start of the down pipe

turbo mock up with downpipe mock up.

exhaust is done! it will work with stock slip ons or aftermarket ones.

and BOOM!! all mocked up

side view

Now we can design the air box and get all the other goodies installed

#26 ·
What's with the grinding on the cold side of the snail? And where is the compressor/air bypass valve aka blow off valve going to be mounted at? It has to be somewhere on the cold side, and the BOV has to have a vacuum line attached to work properly along with the boost gauge... I have attached one just for reference... So long as it can pull a steady 18-22 in./Hg and stay closed and doesn't float, shouldn't be a problem at all... I either use Greddy or Tial for my builds, I have the Greddy RS BOV on my DSM, and the new FV model looks good... Most have a spring rate you can adjust for a softer or harder...

I am also assuming this is going to be vented to the atmosphere? Not recirculated?

Attachments

#30 ·
I am aiming personally for 5-7psi. I don't want to push it as the motor already is higher comp than most Harley models.

Hoping to crank out over 80 ponies.

Kimmo - i'm just the idea and powder coating behind the madness. The real wizard here is Nick over at https://www.facebook.com/oneoffcustomdesigns/ ...... man's a bloody mad scienst! but does amazing work!

#32 ·
We will be tuning for 91 pump gas, this will be a daily for me in the spring and Summer. So I don't have to chance it when I'm on my way to South Dakota and can only find 91.

How ever the 10psi map will be done on 93 exclusively. I'll have two maps and two waste gate Springs.. So when I go to the drag strip a few times a year I'll be able to push it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.