Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

After totally falling in love with the bike last year and reading the forums for the past couple of months, I finally brought one yesterday, just shy of even passing my test! (Currently sitting all clean and shiny under a cover in a garage)

Safe to say I've jumped the gun, but I thought it would make sense buying in the winter here l, ready for the summer. And to jump the gun even further I've just ordered a Fire Brand Loose Cannon exhaust to get rid of that awful noise currently coming from the rear!

Look forward to future discussions!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome, good choice for exhaust. Also may I recommend you get the DQ baffle for that Loose Cannon in case your neighbors think your bike is too loud....lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaron, welcome.

I am curious - what is the motorcycle test in the UK?
It's split into two tests (plus a theory) the first test is an off road manoeuvring test, figure of 8's emergency stop ect ... All done on a flat piece of road at the test centre.

The second being a road ride on another day with an al examiner following you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, good choice for exhaust. Also may I recommend you get the DQ baffle for that Loose Cannon in case your neighbors think your bike is too loud....lol
I didn't buy a harley for it to be quite haha! I get where your coming from for sure, I don't plan on starting it up at 5am!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Getting a pipe now was probably a good choice. I kind of regret not bothering with any performance upgrades until after my second season of riding my 2016 Street 750. Now I'm trying to warm it over just a little bit so that my nephew stays interested in it. Budgeting would have been a lot less painful if I had done it in bits and pieces over the last two years instead of all at once over the last two weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts