Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I give up. Someone posted a pic of their new mirrors, which mount below the handlebars, but I can't find the thread now! What kind were they, and where can I get some? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let us know what you find out. I think I'm in the same boat as you:
*Saw the underbar mirrors
*Like them and would like to replicate
*Don't have enough info/knowledge on what to do/get

All that I saw in those posts where references to eBay and universal adapters. I've searched and can't quite figure it out. Can anyone provide some concrete links/advice?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've noticed the Street's mirrors only thread in from the top, where other Harleys can mount on the top or the underside. Makes that undermount a little more of a project. And yes, it appears it would hit the tank when turning. Has anyone come up with another idea that would avoid the extenders? I would think if I bought other mirrors, they would still have the visibility issue the stock ones do...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got mine on. They work/look great

I found some mirrors on Amazon that were cheap enough for me to try and they work great. Here's what I got:
Mirrors- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CH9JAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Clamps- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQO2QTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted the clamps about halfway up the angled part of the bar and the mirrors end up under the grips. It wasn't hard to find an angle where the mirrors both worked and didn't hit there tank. I can see much better behind me both directly and to the side.

One thing- I didn't like the gapping hole where the stocks mirrors used to be. I looked for a bolt that would fit but had trouble finding one. I ended up just shoving one of these into the holes. Ford Fender, Bumper, Trunk & Interior Trim Retainer W715926-S30

It worked at least as a temporary solution. Note: it might not have been that exact one. I got mine from the big box store and a package of 2 were less than 50¢.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also

The wires that are zip tied to the bars were in my way. I just cut the upper zip ties, slid the clamp under the wires, and bought some black zip ties to lock them back down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have bar end mirrors. I have them posted in the gallery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! I am going to have the HD removed from the side, get a horn cover, get a daymaker headlamp and get some custom engraved derby covers. Those are the next mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mirrors-
part 0640-0120 hindsight bar end L
0640-0519 hindsight bar end R
0641-0013 adapter
total cost about $200.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts