Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like what you've done with it! I'm also curious about that seat. Also, why do you have the backrest pad on the outside?
Why do I have th backrest on the outside? On purpose, lol, I use it for a sissy bar bag, but I want anyone who think they want to ask for a ride, to think twice. I remove my passenger pegs as well.

The seat is just the reduced reach seat from Harley.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! What seat is that? I assume you decided to take off the Mustang seat that you won?
That is the reduced reach seat. The seat that I won, I am having it made into a reduce reach seat, because I am a shorty and need every inch on my bike until they come out with shorter shocks for the 750.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job I really like that! What instrument gauges do you have and also what saddlebags are they?

Thanks,

Rick
I have a zumi GPS up there and 600 watts speakers for when I want to listen to music. the amp is in one of the saddlebags. I am not sure about the saddlebags, I just picked them up in a motorcycle store and purchase the easy brackets for my bike to put them on. The thing on my grip...that is my cruise control (lol)

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is the reduced reach seat. The seat that I won, I am having it made into a reduce reach seat, because I am a shorty and need every inch on my bike until they come out with shorter shocks for the 750.
I see, that's a good idea. I was hoping you removed it with the thought of selling it. :D

I'm going to put more miles on her before I really decide what to do about my seat. Maybe I'll wait for Stone Free's forward controls or other seat and back rest options in order to get added riding comfort. I haven't been on long trips and really haven't had an issue. Just trying to prepare for longer trips since I know the current/stock setup may be challenging for longer rides. My commute to work is about 30-40 minutes and when I arrive, I'm certainly ready for a short break. I think it's more my leg position as opposed to not having a backrest though.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe Sportster shocks will work on our bike.
I believe this as well, I was looking at the one on a 883, but I was hoping I could actually find someone who has tried them already, since I am not as mechanically incline as I would like,

Anyone on here tried shocks for the Sporster or know someone who has?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts