Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just put a high output silencer on my rod. Now have the check engine light up! Didn't expect this with it being just an end can. Is this normal? Thanks. Bren.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, it's not usual. If you switch the bike on with the odometer button pushed down you'll be able to read the codes. You tube has a video of some chap doing this. Depending on what code you get will determine your next move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a great video. Thanks again for the tip. Cleared all the codes and I'm about to take it for a ride. Turns out they were all to do with the tail tidy I fitted a week earlier and hadn't ridden her since!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow. A tail tidy and pipes. The Street Rod really is something more than a temporary ride while you get the Sportster rebuilt, isn't it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes definitely. Kinda knew in the first 2 minutes of the test ride. Just love the relaxed but agile ride. And the contrast in style Vs my sporty, which is a bobber. That's all the modifications I'm doing though, I just think they are crying out for a tail tidy. And noisey pipes save lives so are a must ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts