Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just put a high output silencer on my rod. Now have the check engine light up! Didn't expect this with it being just an end can. Is this normal? Thanks. Bren.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, it's not usual. If you switch the bike on with the odometer button pushed down you'll be able to read the codes. You tube has a video of some chap doing this. Depending on what code you get will determine your next move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a great video. Thanks again for the tip. Cleared all the codes and I'm about to take it for a ride. Turns out they were all to do with the tail tidy I fitted a week earlier and hadn't ridden her since!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow. A tail tidy and pipes. The Street Rod really is something more than a temporary ride while you get the Sportster rebuilt, isn't it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes definitely. Kinda knew in the first 2 minutes of the test ride. Just love the relaxed but agile ride. And the contrast in style Vs my sporty, which is a bobber. That's all the modifications I'm doing though, I just think they are crying out for a tail tidy. And noisey pipes save lives so are a must ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. Just put a high output silencer on my rod. Now have the check engine light up! Didn't expect this with it being just an end can. Is this normal? Thanks. Bren.
Hello, greetings from New Zealand. Just bought a Street Rod with the V&H Hi-Flow Muffler. I love the sound but after riding for a while it is getting too noisy. Did you install the V&H quiet baffle ?? Did it make a big difference. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
639 Posts
I wouldn't expect a responses from @Brendan Zalewskyj-Wyatt. If you hover your cursor over his name you will see that he was last seen on the forums a couple of days after his last update to this thread.

From other threads on tis and other forums as well as online reviews. People seem to thin the V&H quiet baffle does make a difference. It is easiest to install on a new muffler as some of the screws get pretty stuck if the bike has been ridden much. Some penetrating oil should loosen any stuck screws, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts