Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 700 miles on my Street 500. I decided to add the Vance and Hines slip on.

The Good: The sound is perfect. Note: I left the baffle in.
It really smoothed out the bike. Take off when I am at a light are much easier and shifts are not clunky. What a difference. It was almost like the bike was holding back. Now it runs perfect and much smoother like other bikes I have owned. Note: I have not added a air cleaner.

The Bad: I had a tough time with the Torca clamp. It would not tighten up. I think I have a seal now, but much more torque than I would have thought. Note: you will need a deep well 14mm socket.

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome..

yeah the HD streets' really come alive with an after market muffler.
I have the firebrand loose cannon with the db killer baffle, love the sound too!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am at 700 miles on my Street 500. I decided to add the Vance and Hines slip on.

The Good: The sound is perfect. Note: I left the baffle in.
It really smoothed out the bike. Take off when I am at a light are much easier and shifts are not clunky. What a difference. It was almost like the bike was holding back. Now it runs perfect and much smoother like other bikes I have owned. Note: I have not added a air cleaner.

The Bad: I had a tough time with the Torca clamp. It would not tighten up. I think I have a seal now, but much more torque than I would have thought. Note: you will need a deep well 14mm socket.
Welcome...

Yes, any after market muffler system on the Street certainly makes them more ridable

Do the air cleaner for the perfect solution and get the Stage 1 tune...then it will run very well

Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts