Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just sent out a friendly email to Vance and Hines and I am shocked by the response. Please tell me I am an idiot for expecting a different response.

I asked them if they have done a Dyno to show what the boosts would be if I added their intake, exhaust and fp3. Their response is that the bike is too new and they haven't done so.

Am I crazy to think that a company that is selling a performance part designed for our bike should do a dyno before they go to market??? To mean this sounds like there really isn't a major improvement and they would rather not make it public. Please tell me I am missing something here!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not only that - because it is not a HD add-on exhaust or intake or stage 1 upgrade your warranty will be considered void by some dealers such as Alamo Cowboy HD in San Antonio, TX. See my recent post.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think it's outside the norm that companies don't post this kind of information. For one, it's not a huge gain, probably 8-12%. For another, there are probably enough variables involved that if they did post numbers, and you took your bike to a dyno and got less than expected, they might be on the hook for something legally. Finally, HD doesn't release any HP figures either, not sure if that's got something to do with it.

Rest assured, they do have those numbers, they're just not going to release them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Vance & Hines comp slip on pipe, vo2 naked intake, and the FP3. All these mods and removing the baffle makes the 750 sound like **** on wheels and really opens the bike up. Night and day difference from stock set up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Of course they are dyno tuned. Whoever told you that at V&H is full of crap. This is from there own FAQ on their website:

Autotune

Do I need to autotune my map?

Answer: Most likely you will not need to use the autotune feature. The factory fuel trims will automatically adjust for typical variations. Because our maps are all dyno tuned with your engine/pipe combination and a high flow air intake. It is very likely that you will not need to perform any other task than downloading the map and programming it into your bike. Some exceptions include: you have pipes that are VERY different than something offered by Vance & Hines; you live outside North America and therefore have different fuels than what are available at our facility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts