Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. If anyone is interested, Amazon has on their website the FP3(Non CA unit) for about $305 US. And Free Shipping. Sorry I didn't look for the CA model as I live in NJ. And don't require it.

Just downloaded their(V&H) app on my tablet. Scrolling through the limited options for the Street 750. Only HD and V&H exhaust pipes. And Stock or High Flow intake options. I checked using my VIN. Wondering if this would do anything for me?? I have the FB Grand Prix and K&N "Drop In" filter, Sumax 8mm wires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Even if it doesn't have the map for the config you have, you can run the Auto Tune feature. At least, that's what I have heard, I'm also planning on buying it. Shipping and customs are a bitch though.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
California has a Vapor Canister and Solenoid. The other states don't.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Got to love USPS

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I all. Just arrived today!! Hooked it up. Had problems at first. Kept loosing the connection to V&H servers. Eventually it went through. Used the map for V&H SO with Baffle. And Stock Intake. Reflashed the ECM. Took it for a 10 miles test drive. Feels stronger now.

Found out it will Read the Codes!!! Has this Sensor Data screen.

The only issue I had was when cold. And the bike was warming up. Acted like it wanted to stall. But ran fine after a minute. Maybe the ECM needs to relearn??

While I was in the garage. I replaced the Drag Specialties Mirrors. They were a Hassle. Kept moving when riding. The Mirror where it meets the clamp. Anyway, I bought a set of BikeMaster "Old School" long tube mirrors. These are Great!! Even come with Blue Loctite on the HD stud adapters. Not as big. Didn't move. Link to the manufacturer page:Old School Tube Mirror

·
Registered
90 Posts
same problem... but i have problem with being in cool south fp3 does not start atop tune process till its above 200f
my bike runs at 185f bugger.. they are onto it though
can any one tell me why after auto tune bike was a bit of a pig and missing?
seams ok now

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably the Computer relearning. Cars act weird when restarting after battery is disconnected. If it continues, Call V&H

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I had mine in Settings, I noticed the Computer says my bike has about 50 more Miles than my Odometer is showing. Asked the dealer, He didn't know. Told me to call V&H.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It could be giving you a truer reading than the odometer.

Most bikes are notorious for not having an accurate speedo, hence odometer. My C50T is out by about 8-10% at 100 km/hr, hence I have to have the speedo at about 110 to be running at a true 100 km/hr.

Hook up a GPS and follow the speed on it, then compare it to what the speedo is showing and you'll more than likely see a difference.

As a result the 50 mile difference (80 kms.) could be relative to the total mileage on the bike, and it will only contine to change.

EG; If I fill up and set the Trip Meter on my C50T, and reset the Trip Meter on the GPS, I will ALWAYS have a difference in the mileage reading when I fill up the next time.

Just a thought

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Believe it or not, My Speedo is Accurate. Checked with a GPS and a\one of those Radar Signs near a school.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I contacted V&H today. Their Rep was stumped. Said she sent it to their Engineers. Wonder if my Odometer has been replaced?? The difference is 51 Miles.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still have not heard back from V&H. Called HD today. The Rep looked into the Vin history. Saw nothing. Then asked a Tech if the bike will run with the Speedo unplugged. According to the Tech, Yes it will. I'm wondering if, Mine was on a 50 Mile "Test Drive"?? And if I will have issues later when I trade it?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did the dealer sell you a "Demo bike" and not disclose that at the time of sale?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not that I am Aware of. The Odometer did have a few miles on it. They mistakenly put 5 Miles on the Odometer Statement. Salesman told me he told the finance lady the correct mileage.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not that I am Aware of. The Odometer did have a few miles on it. They mistakenly put 5 Miles on the Odometer Statement. Salesman told me he told the finance lady the correct mileage.
Salesman wrote 5, but told finance 50????
Sounds fishy to me, like the bike was a Demo now, not 100% new. Mine had 9 kms on it, so that's also about 5 miles.
Where does the other 45 MILES come from? That's a lot of miles!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its actually 51.

The Salesman gave her the correct mileage. She put it on the Odometer Statement wrong. There was 47 miles on the odometer, If I remember correctly.

·
Registered
504 Posts
There was 47 miles on the odometer, If I remember correctly.
IMHO that's a lot of miles on a "brand new" bike! Are you sure this wasn't a demo? I'd be looking into this a bit more because if you paid "retail", without a substantial discount, and without being told it was a demo, you have a good case against them.

For what it's worth, the local HD dealer had a "Used" 750 here, with about 80 kms on it (50 miles) and it was traded in on a larger bike because the guy that bought it found it to be too small for him.

Somethings fishy here

1 - 20 of 28 Posts