Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Due to the fact that the street 750 doesnt have an RPM/gear indicator I was thinking about installing a Vance & HINES Fuelpack FP3.

Does anyone have experience using this product.
According to their website I would be able to use my smartphone as a gear indicator, rpm meter, also the Oil temperature would be indicated.

Only problem is I already ordered a screaming Eagle exhaust, and I'm wondering if those are compatitable.

Hope anyone could shed some light on this.
Thanks !

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm sure the FP3 will be able to show your RPM, not sure about the gear as the FP3 reads information from the ECU and I don't know if the Street 750 reports out the gear. It should read your oil temp, as that's definitely reported to the ECU. It will definitely be compatible with the SE exhaust, it probably has similar enough flow rates compared to the V&H Slip On that you'd use that setting. Given time, there will be more and more custom maps for the Streets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can download the app from the app store and try it out in demo mode. The FP3 reports out many things including RPM, battery, engine temperature, Speed, fuel economy, avg. fuel economy, torque, power etc.
I have ordered one and its on the way. looking forward to finally installing it on the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can download the app from the app store and try it out in demo mode. The FP3 reports out many things including RPM, battery, engine temperature, Speed, fuel economy, avg. fuel economy, torque, power etc.
I have ordered one and its on the way. looking forward to finally installing it on the bike.
Hi, could you let me me know if the gear indicators actually work? Hope to hear from it if you've installed it ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Own it and use it.

Gear indicator does work, though it's about a second slow to update after changing gears.

Any other questions?
hi, thanks that's a big help! Could the second of lag be due to the mobile device that you are using?
still, a second isn't that big of a deal.
what kind of phone do you use? And how visible is it when you are riding? No trouble with the sun,glancing of the device?

grts simon

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi, thanks that's a big help! Could the second of lag be due to the mobile device that you are using?
still, a second isn't that big of a deal.
what kind of phone do you use? And how visible is it when you are riding? No trouble with the sun,glancing of the device?

grts simon
Yes more than likely.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Umm, that depends on how you have it mounted. I use a RAM Mount X-grip for mine. Though I rarely use my phone when riding. (mostly in town running around) As far as sun and stuff goes, it'll be like using your phone while outside.

V

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also have the FP3 installed and working. My iPhone 5 is mounted on the left side of the handlebar, and I don't have any issue with visibility. The phone shows the gear you are in only when the clutch is engaged. When you pull the lever, the gear disappears.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks, already downloaded on my phone. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can one install the FP3 without having a V&H slip on and stock air cleaner to use and monitor the the telemetry of the bike?

Yup.

You can even 'flash' the bike with stock equipment to help with how lean it is shipped from the factory.

Though I would recommend the intake and exhaust. Gotta go fast!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I contacted my Local HD Service center here and they mentioned that the FP3 is no longer vetted by HD and using the product would void my warranty .. !!!!

Have you guys heard of that ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes. Seems Any after market product voids warranty one way or the other. Even with the V&H slip-ons that they sell, they will ask you to sign that you take the risk knowingly. They will help with the install though. Other products they will not even touch.

It's basically your choice and risk appetite. I have the FP3 installed now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah.. i'm just concerned that any problem I come across they're gonna blame it on the FP3 ...
Yes, they will void the warranty if you use any after market product. In my case, I installed a Bosch dual tone horn and the company told me that it will void the warranty. (Of course to be fair, my electrical system did give a problem for which I had gone to them. Secondly, they also sorted it out for me without a charge but with the warning that using after market products will void the warranty.)

I now have the Firebrand Loose Cannon exhaust and this Bosch horn installed on my bike. When my bike was at the agency the other day, all wanted to know from where I had got this stuff and of course it was being admired.
Well, lets see if I ever need to invoke the "Warranty Gods"... I think not and hope not!>:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just ordered the FP3 for my 500. Where is the EMC plug on the street? I have received the V&H air filter to go with my Bassani exhaust. Just waiting on the FP3.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just ordered the FP3 for my 500. Where is the EMC plug on the street? I have received the V&H air filter to go with my Bassani exhaust. Just waiting on the FP3.
Air filter side, and its underneath the plastic cover. Pics included.

V

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
No problem.

As a heads up make sure to have the run/kill switch set to run. That is how all the engine do hickers and what not turn on so the FP3 can communicate to your phone and pairing and such.

Took me a day to figure that out. Not my brightest moment.

V

1 - 20 of 63 Posts