Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed the FP3 on my Street 750. Aside from the new fuel map, I'm interested in the all the data that will be availible to me on my smartphone. It took me some time to find a permanent location I was happy with. I wanted it to be physically secure but also easily accessible if I ever need to check the Vance & Hines FuelPak 3 status lights. Someone here mentioned keeping it under the seat but that didn't quite do it for me. I tried a few orientations under the cover before I came to one I liked. Posting a picture here and would like to see pictures of where others who have the FP3 mounted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
I used velcro and attached it to the fuse cover. That way I can remove it quickly. Speaking of FP3, I can't get the latest firmware upgrade to write. It just keeps looping back to download over and over again. I contacted Vance & Hines and they are aware of it. The tech suggested I borrow someone's apple phone and download the fp3 app and then have it upgrade. The tech said the problem didn't affect Apple OS. I don't have access to an Apple. Wish they would fix the problem cause I use Android.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi

installation is very easy:
simply look at the canbus connector, remove the black rubber cover on it and attach the FP3
Like Solo750owner I had place it with velcro on the fuse cover.
I suggest use quality velcro like in the picture, because temperature can remove bad quality product.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
There is a round shaped cavity that runs from left to right. I wrapped the tuner in protective material and slid it in there. Unfortunately you will not be able to see the LED's but it is safe and snug there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Remember the tuner is bike specific. I strongly suggest you start with a fully charged battery because it takes a while to go through the entire process. Also important is that you are near a wifi spot so your phone can connect with a strong signal. Once the tuner is connected to the bike, you need to flash the map you want and then safe it. Piece of cake. You will recognize a difference. Good luck and ride safe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts