Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
very nice, got to love an exhaust like that which not only makes it louder but also really brings out some character from the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Today I put the slip on exhaust on the beast and I have fallen in love all over again. It really made a dinference to me, plus it make such a different in hearing when the gears are ready to be changed.

While I've owned numerous brands of motorcycles there's something special about Harley-Davidson when it comes to making changes that result in loving the motorcycle even more. I never really changed any of the other brand motorcycles I owned and just rode them as "stock" but with Harley I found a difference. It wasn't about performance but instead it was about "making it my own" and I've truly enjoyed that over the years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using Vance & Hines on my Street 750 for over a month now & actually started loving it for bringing harley signature sound....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would be awesome if you could post a video for us. Glad to hear you are enjoying the change though. Had you bought parts from that company in the past?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would be awesome if you could post a video for us. Glad to hear you are enjoying the change though. Had you bought parts from that company in the past?
I made a video and sent it to my son just to prove to him that I did it but the sound is not really noticable (to me) when the bike is just running, I notice when I first start it and when I am riding, the most noticable change that I like is how it help me hear when the gears are ready to be change. To me it is hard to capture true sound through video.

I will say one thing, the exhaust is noticable lighter and shorter than the stock exhaust. I will try to post some pictures

I never purchase Vance and Hines before but my son has and he highly recommended it to me.

I added picture.

1. picture showing how the exhaust look on The Beast
2nd picture, the stock exhaust, being hauled back home on the back of the Beast
3rd Picture, the new exhaust taken from above the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I added picture.

1. picture showing how the exhaust look on The Beast
2nd picture, the stock exhaust, being hauled back home on the back of the Beast
3rd Picture, the new exhaust taken from above the bike
Looking good! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You've just tempted me to look at the Vance&Hines Slip-On exhaust :) now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You've just tempted me to look at the Vance&Hines Slip-On exhaust
now.
I got it from J&P Cycle online, check out their site when you have time
Unfortunately I'm in Pune, India and I can only source the slip on exhaust from local resellers and not online. I don't know if J&P Cycle ships to India. The price quote I received locally if I convert into USD is around $580 :(. That's just to much. J&P Cycle online says $400.

Btw did you get the V&H Fuel Pack FP3 as well along with the slip on? Did you have to recalibrate anything post the install of the slip on exhaust?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately I'm in Pune, India and I can only source the slip on exhaust from local resellers and not online. I don't know if J&P Cycle ships to India. The price quote I received locally if I convert into USD is around $580 :(. That's just to much. J&P Cycle online says $400.

Btw did you get the V&H Fuel Pack FP3 as well along with the slip on? Did you have to recalibrate anything post the install of the slip on exhaust?
It seems that I order my at the right time, I paid $359, they have gone up $40.00 since then.

No I did not get the Fuel Pack, I called and talked to them before hand and was told I did not need to do anything other than take one off, put one on and that is just what I did. There are baffles (dont ask me what those are, lol), that you suppose to be able to remove to adjust the sound. I did not do that either.

The stock exhaust is a slip on as well.

I just looked and they do ship international but right now they are all sold out

·
Registered
81 Posts
No I did not get the Fuel Pack, I called and talked to them before hand and was told I did not need to do anything other than take one off, put one on and that is just what I did.
Are you sure about this? On Revzilla one of the answers in the Q&A section quotes:
YES YOU WILL NEED A TUNE UP OR MODULE!!!!!!! You will run lean and could burn a valve or worse. Go to your HD dealer and get the stage 1 download it's like 275.00 or buy a v&h fuelpak3 Dynajet ect.
I'd hate for something to happen to your Beast because the stage 1 download was not done. Just thought I should let you know what I came across.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you sure about this? On Revzilla one of the answers in the Q&A section quotes:

I'd hate for something to happen to your Beast because the stage 1 download was not done. Just thought I should let you know what I came across.
thanks for the information, am I sure? no only what I was told but I will get a second opionion because I truly dont want anything to happen to the Beast

I want to Revzilla and read teh quote that you listed which read "Duane H: Joseph J, YES YOU WILL NEED A TUNE UP OR MODULE!!!!!!! You will run lean and could burn a valve or worse. Go to your HD dealer and get the stage 1 download it's like 275.00 or buy a v&h fuelpak3 Dynajet ect. I can do a video but you can't tell the difference by a video. In a video it will sound like a nightstick. The Vance And Hines blows away the nightstick......PERIOD. It is not about making a few extra horse power. It gives the bike that throaty HD sound. Read my review of the actual vance and Hines I believe I was the first to get one because of my early preorder. Read what I did to the pipe on my wife's Street 750. "

This Duane H is a owner of a 750. Where I wont total disclaim what he wrote but every owner would like to believe that they know all when it come to their new toy but in reality, this is merely his review of an item. I sent an email to the support of Vance and Hines and will wait to hear from them. I would ask my dealership but oh course when it about making money, I am sure what they will say. They do have the SM slip on for sell there, which is very similar to the Vance & Hines and I asked them about them and was told that all I had to do was put it on.

Please dont think that I am not appreciative with you mentioning it to me and I will find out one way or the other prior to any more serious riding.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Please dont think that I am not appreciative with you mentioning it to me and I will find out one way or the other prior to any more serious riding.
Not at all. On the contrary, you finding this out will help a lot of other Street owners too who want something other than the Screaming Eagle. I've seen a couple of my friends with Street 750s want dual exhausts but they are just loud. The Vance & Hines sounds real throaty and that's what I like. Perhaps on my next US trip, I will pickup one. Who knows by then some other company might come up with an even better 2-into-1 exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not at all. On the contrary, you finding this out will help a lot of other Street owners too who want something other than the Screaming Eagle. I've seen a couple of my friends with Street 750s want dual exhausts but they are just loud. The Vance & Hines sounds real throaty and that's what I like. Perhaps on my next US trip, I will pickup one. Who knows by then some other company might come up with an even better 2-into-1 exhaust system.

Ok, I asked 3 people about this and I was given the same information by allthree.

(Vance & Hines support, I went out to Harley Davidson last night andasked them what I would have to do if I want to put the SM slip on that theysell and the person I trust the most when it come to my bike, my son)

I was told other than installing it, there was nothing I had to do, I wastold the only concern with the slip on is to ensure that it is completely on sothat all gas is expelled from the end and not at the connection.

I was told: the 750 comes with a slip-on muffler and I am only replacing themotorcycle's stock muffler, slipping it directly over or onto the exhaustheader pipes but the header pipes is remaining intact. Iwould only need to do that the stage 1 download or Fuel pak if I was installinga full exhaust system. Something about Istill has my CAT (I am going to take a stab in the dark and say CAT stand forCatalytic Converter

So since I was told basic the same information by three independently individual.I am ok with the information. But with everything, the final decision rest witheach person on what they do concerning their bike.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent analysis and findings. Thank you sharing this info.
Taking my bike in to get the handle bar exchangec tomorrow, I will ask the person who get my bike once again what his thoughts are, I might just have them do it depend on what he say tomorrow. After tomorrow I am done with mod for a while.

At the dealership typing this and it was just re-confirm, there is nothing that need to be done because of the slip on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, got vance & hines through my friend in US, I did also got Air Filter. But after much research & confirmed by Vance & Hines Dealer in India whom I met at NHR in Pushkar, We only need to change Exhaust for better sound and don't require FP3. FP3 is required only when we also change Air Filter to Vance & Hines High Flow VO2. Vance & Hines Dealer in India quoted 32500/- plus tax but unfortunately I don't have his contact number.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You've just tempted me to look at the Vance&Hines Slip-On exhaust :) now.
I can suggest you look at Firebrand Loose Cannon slip on exhaust as well. They have a distributor in Mumbai. I got this can from USA through a relative visiting India. Cost me $224. In India it is selling for around ₹36000/- by the distributor in Mumbai.
My can goes on to the bike tomorrow, so I can give you a report thereafter. I am excited and expect the bike to sound great.:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts