Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some lovely new long stem mirrors on my bike. Chrome harley davidson live to ride ride to live.
They vibrate alot at medium to high speeds. Just wondering if any has had this problem and if so how did they fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a set of Drag Specialties Long Stem. And have the same problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put some lovely new long stem mirrors on my bike. Chrome harley davidson live to ride ride to live.
They vibrate alot at medium to high speeds. Just wondering if any has had this problem and if so how did they fix it?

I have a set of Drag Specialties Long Stem. And have the same problem.
I have HD mirror extenders, vibration not felt but they turn off due to wind even at a speed of merely 100 kmph.
Did any of you have the same problem or some remedy?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i think we just have to accept this as a design fault , if the engine was rubber mounted it would resolve it , there are bushed handlebar mounting options but may mean fitting custom triple trees to take a bushed mounting system for your bars , there is a custom fix there somewhere but somebody needs to design and manufacture the parts , once enough streets are sold custom makers will start making more parts .
i also suffer useless blurred mirrors :(

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have to admit I don't experience this at all.

I switched from the stock mirrors to the HD Tribal Mirrors WITH the HD Extenders as well. If anything you'd think with the Extenders I'd experience vibration but I can't say I do. Even at 130 km/hr there is no vibration, nor do they "turn in from the wind". (I've even had the bike up to 140, but that's getting uncomfortably fast for me on 2 wheels.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts