Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi cant pick up my new bike yet... as abs recall...in mean time organising forward peg controls and looking for sizzy bar...gives me time to sell my royal enfield !...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I can say for sure they do and it’s not just front brake as I have had to get 3 new callipers on my street rod and the bike is not a year old yet! Actually the bike is at the dealership getting its third replacement under warranty as there is no info on the recall yet! So will most likely be back in in the next few month I hope!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Knock on wood here. My 18 1200 Custom now has just under 3500 Miles. Only been in the shop for the 1k Service. And a break Squeak. That I ended up fixing myself with aftermarket pads. Front and Rear. A Much improvement over the 15 750 I traded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OMG! Im very happy for you. Hope, you'll write smth new about it!! All the advise during the purchase of a motorcycle to be very careful. I have repeatedly faced problems after purchase, do not like the engine, the color does not fit. Therefore, I advise you when the choice of purchase rests on different options, helps to determine the site with us open golf tips . This may seem ridiculous, but in me it helped with the purchase of my dream.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some more info on recall.......
https://www.harley-davidson.com/ca/en/owners/service-recalls.html

put vin number in ..on this web site and you can check

mine says
Recall date: DEC 21, 2018
Last updated Jan 16, 2019
The brake calipers (P/Ns 41300158, 41300159 & 41300190)
may develop corrosion in the caliper bore area if subjected to a
corrosive external environment over time.
This corrosion could lead to the pistons dragging in the caliper bore.
Model
2017 Street Rod
Safery risk
If this condition remains undetected it could result in
increased brake drag, possibly resulting in a crash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts