Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. I just watched a You Tube video. On the making of the VRod. Amazing What goes into the Design. As well as the Engineering. Trying to bend the Tubes for the frame. The Exhaust system. Had to go to Porsche to help design, build the engine.

Makes me wonder if a video will come out about the Street??

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I was looking for a documentary like the VRod. This is just an interview with Frank Savage in India.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had an interesting thought. The VRod uses a Revolution Engine. Made by Porsche. Wonder if they made the Street engines as well??

·
Registered
766 Posts
the way i understand it, the design of the v rod engine was the basis for our engines.
porche did not build our engines, but what they did for harley years ago has been a major influence on what we have now on our bikes.

i'll be glad when HD or an aftermarket company comes out with stage 4 kits. these motors would sound and run awesome with high performance cams...etc..

·
Registered
96 Posts
the way i understand it, the design of the v rod engine was the basis for our engines.
porche did not build our engines, but what they did for harley years ago has been a major influence on what we have now on our bikes.

i'll be glad when HD or an aftermarket company comes out with stage 4 kits. these motors would sound and run awesome with high performance cams...etc..
The V Rod motor was based on the Harley Davidson VR 1000 racing motor. Porche with Harley then reworked/redesigned the motor. The YouTube video tells it all.

I own a 2014 Night Rod with a stage three.
Suppertrap slipons
Air box mod
destroyer Cam
1" oil pan spacer
Screaming Eagle supper tuner
Dyno tuned

It now puts out 135 HP at the rear wheel and it's very street able. My dealer's race tec Mike Stegman put the kit together for me. He had the same set up on his V Rod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts